Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP issue
Operating Systems Linux SMTP issue Post 302418729 by onlyniladri on Thursday 6th of May 2010 02:05:27 AM
Old 05-06-2010
exactly. the same....

---------- Post updated 05-06-10 at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous update was 05-05-10 at 05:22 PM ----------

Can anyone help plz?
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMTP setup

Can anyone please explain me or send me a link to configure/setup SMTP on Sun Solaris server. Thanx a lot. Kavita (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knarayan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smtp

Hi All, I am running an email server on a Linux machine. My goal is to set up in a way that I can use pop3 to retrieve mail from a Windows machine using Outlook. Now I can download the messages from the Linux email server, however I can not send out messages. I encounter this error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMTP - emailing issue

We are running an application engine program that sends email to a list of users. In our Test Env, users are able to receive the emails but in our Prod environment, they do not. We are running the same program, and using the same stmp config. any idea on how to troubleshoot? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
3 Replies

4. Programming

C Smtp

how do you send a ".\n" in a smtp client? >354 Send message, end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> >. > i have already issued a "./n" but it doesnt work. please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SMTP Configuration

Hello everyone, I've got this Java script which needs to know the SMTP host in order to send out mails from a particular mail ID. But I have no idea how or what to configure in SMTP for getting this code up and running.(All I know is SMTP=Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). I'm using Solaris 5.8.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

6. AIX

SMTP doubt

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smtp

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

8. Programming

C socket issue with SMTP

Hey guys, im trying to write a program that'll create a report then email the report... my problem is when it comes to the socket trying to send the second command after EHLO smtp,*.* When the first command is sent its working fine... but when the program tries to send the second command it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
6 Replies

9. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

10. Solaris

NIS/smtp services issue on Solaris 11

Hi, Few services not starting on new build Solaris 11 non-global zone. I uninstalled zone and reinstalled and still same issue, while global zone is working fine. smpt service is going into maintenance mode and /var/svc/log/network-smtp:sendmail.log shows that it tries and then dead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
SMTPTEST(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SMTPTEST(1)

NAME
smtptest - interactive SMTP test program SYNOPSIS
smtptest [ -t keyfile ] [ -p port ] [ -m mechanism ] [ -a userid ] [ -u userid ] [ -k num ] [ -l num ] [ -r realm ] [ -f file ] [ -n num ] [ -s ] [ -c ] [ -i ] [ -o option=value ] [ -v ] hostname DESCRIPTION
smtptest is a utility that allows you to authenticate to a SMTP server and interactively issue commands to it. Once authenticated you may issue any SMTP command by simply typing it in. It is capable of multiple SASL authentication mechanisms and handles encryption layers transparently. This utility is often used for testing the operation of a smtp server. Also those developing SMTP clients find it useful. OPTIONS
-t keyfile Enable TLS. keyfile contains the TLS public and private keys. Specify "" to negotiate a TLS encryption layer but not use TLS authentication. -p port Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to smtp as defined in /etc/services. -m mechanism Force smtptest to use mechanism for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism supported by the server is chosen. -a userid Userid to use for authentication; defaults to the current user. This is the userid whose password or credentials will be presented to the server for verification. -u userid Userid to use for authorization; defaults to the current user. This is the userid whose identity will be assumed after authentica- tion. NOTE: This is only used with SASL mechanisms that allow proxying (e.g. PLAIN, DIGEST-MD5). -k num Minimum protection layer required. -l num Maximum protection layer to use (0=none; 1=integrity; etc). For example if you are using the KERBEROS_V4 authentication mechanism specifying 0 will force smtptest to not use any layer and specifying 1 will force it to use the integrity layer. By default the maximum supported protection layer will be used. -r realm Specify the realm to use. Certain authentication mechanisms (e.g. DIGEST-MD5) may require one to specify the realm. -f file Pipe file into connection after authentication. -n num Number of authentication attempts; default = 1. The client will attempt to do SSL/TLS session reuse and/or fast reauth (e.g. DIGEST-MD5), if possible. -s Enable SMTP over SSL (smtps). -c Enable challenge prompt callbacks. This will cause the OTP mechanism to ask for the the one-time password instead of the secret pass-phrase (library generates the correct response). -i Don't send an initial client response for SASL mechanisms, even if the protocol supports it. -o option=value Set the SASL option to value. -v Verbose. Print out more information than usual. SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) CMU
Project Cyrus SMTPTEST(1)