Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux-Heartbeat Email Notification Post 302418453 by karlochacon on Tuesday 4th of May 2010 10:33:24 AM
Old 05-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
Afaik you have to add following in your /etc/ha.d/haresources:
Code:
MailTo::one@some.com,another@bla.org

Sadly I have no chance to test it out but would be interessting, if it just mails everything beginning from debug, info etc. or if it only sends interessting stuff.
thanks a lot zaxxon

looks pretty easy has someone any chance to test it out?

thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Why am I not recieving email notification?

I have been a member for almost a year now. I have always recieved email notifications when I select "subcribe to this thread" at the bottom of posts that I reply to. However, over the last month or so, I have not been recieving email notification of replys to posts I respond to. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add email notification in scripts?

Hi. I want to add email notification so when the my script finishes it sends out an email of the results to our team. If there are errors the subject on the email should say there were errors. If any having idea/sample scripts pls share with me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

3. Linux

linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9

has anyone installed linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9?? If yes, which version??? which is the best compiler to build it?? cc, ucbcc, gcc?? what other packages are needed to build it besides m4, autoconf, automake and libtool?? what GNU tools are needed??? thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
0 Replies

4. AIX

Cron Job notification email

Hi, I'm fairly new to Aix and am looking for some help on the following. I have setup a cron job under root and want it to send the email once it's run to an external email address. I can get it to send the output in an email to me by using mail on the end of the crontab entry. But I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux heartbeat on redhat 4:node dead

Hi. I have started heartbeat on two redhat servers. Using eth0. Before I start heartbeat I can ping the two server to each other. Once I start heartbeat both the server become active as they both have warnings that the other node is dead. Also I am not able to ping each other. After stopping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amrita garg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding Email notification script

Hello All, 1) I am trying to understand the shell script written already, below is the code in this code i am seeing a variable $EMAIL_ID which was not defined in entire script, neither it is passed as a parameter while executing shell script nor it is defined in .profile, could you please tell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Email Notification to Rsync

HI what i need to be able to do is add a email to the end of a rsync. my current ion configures writes a daily log to disk, but real want to send the log to a central email address. The current script is as below, is this possible? #!/bin/bash if then rsync -aWv --stats progress... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email notification is not working in spacewalk

Hi, I am using spacewalk tool ( Linux systems management solution ). I have configured probe notification and notification method in spacewalk. But I am not getting the notification mail. Checked the /var/log/maillog and the error message as follows, Dec 11 17:01:11 spserver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Notification

Hi All, I need write a linux script which emails each record to the employee manager email-id which will be specified inside the file. Each employee can have a different manager too.. file contain 200 to 300 records Employee ID, Employee Name, Employee Email-ID, Manager, Manager... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email notification error on Solaris

Hi, I am getting error below when testing email. is there a way I can configure email on Solaris? SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise echo "hello" | sendmail -v abcd WARNING: local host name (-s) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I? abcd... Connecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
1 Replies
HEARTBEAT(8)						  System administration utilitie					      HEARTBEAT(8)

NAME
heartbeat - Heartbeat subsystem for High-Availability Linux DESCRIPTION
heartbeat is a basic heartbeat subsystem for Linux-HA. It will run scripts at initialisation, and when machines go up or down. This version will also perform IP address takeover using gratuitous ARPs. It works correctly for a 2-node configuration, and is extensible to larger configurations. It implements the following kinds of heartbeats: o UDP/IP broadcast; o UDP/IP multicast; o UDP/IP unicast; o Bidirectional Serial Rings ("raw" serial ports) -- this type is deprecated and should no longer be used; o special "ping" heartbeats for routers, etc. -- this type has been superseded by functionality in pacemaker() and should no longer be used. Comprehensive documentation on heartbeat is available in the Heartbeat User's Guide. If this documentation is not installed on your system, it can be found at http://linux-ha.org/. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by heartbeat: -d Increment debugging level. Higher levels are more verbose. -r Reload heartbeat. This option is functionally identical to sending a running heartbeat process a HUP signal. If the configuration has not changed, then this option is essentially a no-op. If ha.cf(5) or authkeys(5) has changed, then heartbeat will re-read these files and update its configuration. This option may not be used together with -R. -k Kill (stop) heartbeat. -s Report heartbeat status. -R Heartbeat restart exec flag (internal use only). May not be used with -r. -C Heartbeat current resource state for restart (internal use only). Only valid with -R. -V Print out heartbeat version. Note that most of these options are used for supporting the heartbeat init script, which provides the conventional start, stop, status and restart options (among others). It is recommended to use this rather than invoking the heartbeat command directly. SEE ALSO
ha.cf(5), authkeys(5) AUTHORS
Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh> heartbeat Juan Pedro Paredes Caballero <juampe@retemail.es> man page Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au> man page Florian Haas <florian.haas@linbit.com> man page Heartbeat 3.0.5 24 Nov 2009 HEARTBEAT(8)