Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux-Heartbeat Email Notification Post 302418225 by karlochacon on Monday 3rd of May 2010 02:51:30 PM
Old 05-03-2010
Linux-Heartbeat Email Notification

hi guys

I hope this goes here

Have someone used Linux heartbeat to send email when the Slave server becomes the Master?
I've read I can configure the MailTo under

/etc/ha.d/resource.d

but I really don't know how to do it.
I basically need my primary server to send an email when it becomes inactive and all the activities are manage by the secondary node

thanks a lot

Last edited by karlochacon; 05-03-2010 at 04:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Why am I not recieving email notification?

I have been a member for almost a year now. I have always recieved email notifications when I select "subcribe to this thread" at the bottom of posts that I reply to. However, over the last month or so, I have not been recieving email notification of replys to posts I respond to. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add email notification in scripts?

Hi. I want to add email notification so when the my script finishes it sends out an email of the results to our team. If there are errors the subject on the email should say there were errors. If any having idea/sample scripts pls share with me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

3. Linux

linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9

has anyone installed linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9?? If yes, which version??? which is the best compiler to build it?? cc, ucbcc, gcc?? what other packages are needed to build it besides m4, autoconf, automake and libtool?? what GNU tools are needed??? thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
0 Replies

4. AIX

Cron Job notification email

Hi, I'm fairly new to Aix and am looking for some help on the following. I have setup a cron job under root and want it to send the email once it's run to an external email address. I can get it to send the output in an email to me by using mail on the end of the crontab entry. But I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux heartbeat on redhat 4:node dead

Hi. I have started heartbeat on two redhat servers. Using eth0. Before I start heartbeat I can ping the two server to each other. Once I start heartbeat both the server become active as they both have warnings that the other node is dead. Also I am not able to ping each other. After stopping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amrita garg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding Email notification script

Hello All, 1) I am trying to understand the shell script written already, below is the code in this code i am seeing a variable $EMAIL_ID which was not defined in entire script, neither it is passed as a parameter while executing shell script nor it is defined in .profile, could you please tell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Email Notification to Rsync

HI what i need to be able to do is add a email to the end of a rsync. my current ion configures writes a daily log to disk, but real want to send the log to a central email address. The current script is as below, is this possible? #!/bin/bash if then rsync -aWv --stats progress... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email notification is not working in spacewalk

Hi, I am using spacewalk tool ( Linux systems management solution ). I have configured probe notification and notification method in spacewalk. But I am not getting the notification mail. Checked the /var/log/maillog and the error message as follows, Dec 11 17:01:11 spserver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Notification

Hi All, I need write a linux script which emails each record to the employee manager email-id which will be specified inside the file. Each employee can have a different manager too.. file contain 200 to 300 records Employee ID, Employee Name, Employee Email-ID, Manager, Manager... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email notification error on Solaris

Hi, I am getting error below when testing email. is there a way I can configure email on Solaris? SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise echo "hello" | sendmail -v abcd WARNING: local host name (-s) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I? abcd... Connecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_CONNTR(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_CONNTR(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_conntrackd - This resource agent manages conntrackd SYNOPSIS
conntrackd [start | stop | monitor | promote | demote | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Master/Slave OCF Resource Agent for conntrackd SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
conntrackd Name of the conntrackd executable. If conntrackd is installed and available in the default PATH, it is sufficient to configure the name of the binary For example "my-conntrackd-binary-version-0.9.14" If conntrackd is installed somewhere else, you may also give a full path For example "/packages/conntrackd-0.9.14/sbin/conntrackd" (optional, string, default conntrackd) config Full path to the conntrackd.conf file. For example "/packages/conntrackd-0.9.14/etc/conntrackd/conntrackd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/conntrackd/conntrackd.conf) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. promote Promotes the resource to the Master role. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. demote Demotes the resource to the Slave role. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. notify Suggested minimum timeout: 30. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. monitor (Slave role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 20. monitor (Master role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a conntrackd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_conntrackd ocf:heartbeat:conntrackd op monitor timeout="20" interval="20" role="Slave" op monitor timeout="20" interval="10" role="Master" ms ms_conntrackd p_conntrackd meta notify="true" interleave="true" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/conntrackd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_CONNTR(7)