Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Decreasing SSL connection timeout Post 302417320 by sdkbjk on Thursday 29th of April 2010 07:34:37 AM
Old 04-29-2010
Decreasing SSL connection timeout

hi people,
i need help about timeout duration of ssl while connecting to another server in network.

this is what i try

Code:
bash-3.00# time ssh root@10.10.10.10 "date"
ssh: connect to host 10.10.10.10 port 22: Connection timed out
real    3m10.215s
user    0m0.007s
sys     0m0.011s

there is no machine in my network which has IP 10.10.10.10, therefore ssl connection timed out after 3m10s. (about 190 seconds)

i'm trying to decrease connection timeout duration, because any machine that powered off for maintenance is delaying scripts. any suggestions?

Code:
bash-3.00# ssh -V
Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

decreasing the MAXSSIZE value !

Decreasing the MAXSSIZE(kernel param) from 300MB to 100MB resolved the problem of memory lack ( can't allocate memory ) . how come ??? Thanks Golan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghadad
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

sendmail connection timeout

Hi I am trying to configure sendmail for logwatch and another script i have . However when i try to send a test mail i am getting the following error. Logwatch is not sending any emails out nor is denyhost. I just want it to send emails out . Can anyone help me ? i have looked through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: um08
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP Connection Timeout

Hello UNIX users, Thanks for helping me in my earlier post. Now, I am facing a timeout issue when ever I am transferring a zipped file from my server to client's server. If the zipped file size is below 3 MB, it goes fine. Anything above that fails. Below is the part of screenshot from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: st3636
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting PID in decreasing order using ps?

I am trying to sort the output in decreasing order of the process ID while using the ps command. I am having trouble doing this using the --sort part of ps. Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the "S" stands for under the process's status code? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

weblogic connection timeout error

i am facing an issue that the server give a connection timeout after 60 sec for any request more than that number . i tried to increase the TCP INTERVAL TIMEOUT from the default 60000 ms to more higher number. the server seems to work fine and didn't give me the massage of the timeout but the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: core99
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timeout to abolish ssh connection command it takes too long

Hi, I am running a ssh connection test in a script, how can I add a timeout to abolish the process if it takes too long? ssh -i ~/.ssh/ssl_key useraccount@computer1 Thank you. - j (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hce
1 Replies

7. Programming

Failed SSL Connection Attempt

The below error message I started seeing using Ubuntu 14.04 and was wondering if the forum has seen it because I cant seem much on the net for this: perl -e 'use IO::Socket::SSL qw(debug3);IO::Socket::SSL->new(PeerAddr=>"10.0.0.100",PeerPort=> 443,Proto=>"TCP") or die $!' DEBUG:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Proxy tunneling failed: ForbiddenUnable to establish SSL connection.

Tryied both ways curl and wget wget --no-check-certificate https://mysitet.it:61617 --2017-05-05 17:29:02-- https://mysitet.it:61617/ Connecting to myproxy:8080... connected. Proxy tunneling failed: ForbiddenUnable to establish SSL connection. curl https://mysite.it:61617 curl: (56)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

9. Linux

Apache wildcard ssl on subdomain serves same page for non ssl virtualhosts

Issue observed: I have configured ng.my-site.com using widlcard ssl cert. When I hit https://www.my-site.com it loads ng.my-site.com website! please advise if I missed any concept / configs... Thank you! httpd.conf <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName www.my-site.com ServerAdmin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to solve TCP connection timeout (not in ssh)?

HI We have some Red Hat Linux Sevres which is having TCP connection timeout, not SSH connection, as an example oracle connection connected from TOD. SSH i managed to add keepalive and it's working fine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
1 Replies
SSL_get_default_timeout(3SSL)					      OpenSSL					     SSL_get_default_timeout(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_get_default_timeout - get default session timeout value SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> long SSL_get_default_timeout(const SSL *ssl); DESCRIPTION
SSL_get_default_timeout() returns the default timeout value assigned to SSL_SESSION objects negotiated for the protocol valid for ssl. NOTES
Whenever a new session is negotiated, it is assigned a timeout value, after which it will not be accepted for session reuse. If the timeout value was not explicitly set using SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3), the hardcoded default timeout for the protocol will be used. SSL_get_default_timeout() return this hardcoded value, which is 300 seconds for all currently supported protocols (SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1). RETURN VALUES
See description. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3), SSL_SESSION_get_time(3), SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3), SSL_get_default_timeout(3) 1.0.0e 2005-03-30 SSL_get_default_timeout(3SSL)