Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Outbound email re-direct using Sendmail Post 302416680 by dunkar70 on Tuesday 27th of April 2010 11:41:06 AM
Old 04-27-2010
Outbound email re-direct

Bump...

Sendmail may not offer the functionality I need. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for managing outbound emails in a test environment?

Issue recap:
  • Test environment is sending test emails (alerts and todo-notifications)
  • Application pulls the user list from a live LDAP directory so the email addresses are real
  • Need to leave mail functionality enabled to verify the emails are being generated and sent
  • Need to redirect all outbound emails to a test mailbox rather than to the listed recipients
Thanks.

edit by scottn: bump OK!

Last edited by Scott; 04-27-2010 at 12:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

direct output to a file then email it

Ok so i have this script and I dont know how to have the output go to a file and then email that file to someone. #!/bin/ksh print "AL" print "AM" print "AN" print "RL\n" nawk '/PROD/ {print $3, $2}' /home/user/switch_listtest | sort -k1,2 print "End of Report" Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Qmail/SpamAssassin: Modifying outbound email subjects.

I have a software product that tags all outbound emails which I am trying to remove. Does anyone know how to do this using qmail? I also have spam assassin running, I have a feeling it is possible to modify a subject using a rules file? Anyone know? Thanks for any advice. xian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r0sc0
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sendmail not submitting Email on '.'

I have several HP/UX nodes running Sendmail 8.13 ...some work fine, some don't. When an Email is coming in, the 'DATA' command never ends. The other side of the connection gets to the point where it enters the '.' on a line by itself, but sendmail doesn't accept it...if fact it keeps on holding... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_exonets
8 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail outgoing email rate

Does anyone know what's Sendmail outgoing email rate? e.g. 1000 outgoing email per minutes. If so, can we modify it? Thanks. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunmagic2003
1 Replies

5. Debian

sendmail taking too much time to send a email

Hi , I'm using sendmail command to send a email. To send a email sendmail taking 3minutes to complete the process. Is there any configuration needs to be done in server or another solution is there to resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance. Regards Latika (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Delay in sending email to-from localhost in Sendmail

Hi Friends, I am very much new to sendmail or any other mta. I just installed sendmail 8.14 on my rhel6 machine. I was trying to send email to local user but after entering the message when i press CTRL-D it simply hangs. I also tried sending email via mutt but again mutt also hangs. It sends... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating sed Direct Input to Direct Output

Hi guys, been scratching round the forums and my mountain of resources. Maybe I havn't read deep enough My question is not how sed edits a stream and outputs it to a file, rather something like this below: I have a .txt with some text in it :rolleyes: abc:123:xyz 123:abc:987... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0nion
7 Replies

8. AIX

Set email Priority using sendmail

Hi everyone, I'm trying to send an email on unix using sendmail command. For setting the priority to high I use: X-Priority: 1 And it works on HP but when I tried it on AIX the email is sent but no priority!! Anyone can help me Thanks in advance, Hiposh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiposh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with sendmail email filtering on FreeBSD

Hi All, Sorry, for the double posting. Don't know how to move to a different forum. I am very new to Unix. I have a test server running FreeBSD 10.1 and SendMail 8.14.9. I need to filter incoming emails based on the sender's email address or domain and forward them to another address on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simplemind
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to recieve email using sendmail

Hi, Here is my script to send out emails. #!/bin/ksh { print "From: Prod@`hostname`.mycomp.com" print "To: me@mycomp.com" print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Usage Report" print "" print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail - Log messages with sendmail. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail; my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', subject => 'your subject', ); $email->log(message => $message); DESCRIPTION
With this output module it's possible to log messages via "sendmail". METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail object. The following options are possible: from The sender address (From). to The receipient address (To). cc Carbon Copy (Cc). bcc Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) subject The subject of the mail. sender This option is identical with "sendmail -f". header With this options it's possible to set your own header. my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', header => 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => { From => 'bar@foo.example', To => 'foo@bar.example', Subject => 'my subject', 'Content-Type' => text/plain; charset= UTF-8', } ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => [ 'From: bar@foo.example', 'To: foo@bar.example', 'Subject: my subject', 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ] ); sendmail The default is set to "/usr/sbin/sendmail". params Parameters for "sendmail". The default is set to "-t". maxsize Set the maximum size of the buffer in bytes. All messages will be buffered and if "maxsize" is exceeded the buffer is flushed and the messages will be send as email. The default is set to 1048576 bytes. Set 0 if you want no buffering and send a mail for each log message. debug Set 1 if you want to enable debugging. The messages can be fetched with $SIG{__WARN__}. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message as email. $email->log(message => "this message will be mailed"); If you pass the level then its placed into the subject: $email->log(message => "foo", level => "INFO"); $email->log(message => "bar", level => "ERROR"); $email->log(message => "baz", level => "DEBUG"); The lowest level is used: Subject: ERROR ... You can pass the level with "Log::Handler" by setting message_pattern => '%L' flush() Call "flush()" if you want to flush the buffered messages. validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. DESTROY
"DESTROY" is defined and called "flush()". PREREQUISITES
Carp Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)