Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File creation time in seconds Post 302416080 by chary on Saturday 24th of April 2010 08:47:07 PM
Old 04-24-2010
Java

Hi,

I am new to Perl scripting can you suggest me if there is an option using unix shell scripting ..
or can you please help me with an example script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation time

i have to delete some files that were created on a particular date. is there any way to do that without affecting the files that were modified on the same date? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

3. Programming

File creation time

Hi Everybody, Is their any functions to find out the file creation time in 'C' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file creation time

Hello folks, I have a file, but it change every seconds, i use stats command to check its creation time, but it shows access,modify and change time same. Is there any other way to see the file creation date/time? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get access time of a file upto the precision of seconds?

Hi , How can I get the last access time of a file upto the precesion of seconds in Unix. I cannot use stat as this is not supported. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanus
10 Replies

6. Programming

How to search a file based on a time stamp backwards 10 seconds

Hi all, I'm after some help with this small issue which i'm struggling to work out a fix for. I have a file that contains records that all have a time stamp for each individual record, i need to search the file for a specific time stamp and then search back 10 seconds to see if the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp3arsy
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

File creation time

Hi Everybody, I would like to know file creation date and time in linux. I went throgh google and forums got some information but from that i am not sure for my question. Please check the following information. "ls -l" ==> but it is just gives the last modified time and date of the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time take between first and last file creation

Hi , In a folder I have multiple files. I want total time taken to write those files. Can you please suggest what will be the best way to go for it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

9. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp file creation time

Hi Team, Could you please let me know ,how to find the file creation date time in SFTP server. i tred like , ls -ltr command only availble and not available like ls --full-time test.txt please help? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
7 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)