Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tynt Tracer Must Die
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Tynt Tracer Must Die Post 302416075 by Neo on Saturday 24th of April 2010 08:16:40 PM
Old 04-24-2010
Agreed.

That is also a significant negative. We certainly don't want users to be troubled when they copy-and-paste into editors.

If we were seeing Tynt generating significant attribution links back to the site, then it might make sense to ask posters to opt-out on a broswer-by-browser basis. However, since we are only seeing an insignificant number of attribution links back to the site, the benefit of Tynt does not outweight the negatives for a forum like ours.

We greatly appreciate feedback from our users. Thank you very much.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Live Free or Die!

Mods: Delete this if you think that this is not appropriate. I found this rather amusing. If you go to www.unix.net now you will see the OpenGroup selling license plates that read "Live Free or Die/Unix/Unix is a trademark of the OpenGroup" (http://www.unix.net/unix_plates.html) I just... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: auswipe
12 Replies

2. Solaris

what time did my process die ??

Hi there I have a backup script that runs every night and for some reason ive been getting in in the morning and the process has died, Is there any way I can tell when it died? if not .....would anybody recommend some scripting that i could do that would be able to tell me this information ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Python 2.5 must die.

I am using SunOS 5.7 I have installed Python 2.5 via make install Without going into details, I'd like to uninstall it and replace it with an earlier version. Maybe as far back as 2.2.3. Unfortuantely, make uninstall gives me Don't know how to make target 'uninstall'. This is thematically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbecker
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script Dependency/Tracer

Hello All, We have a very old system at hand in which there are hundreds of shell scripts that use other shell scripts, all on the same server. There are several that are not used at all as well. In short, it's an unmanaged system thats been lying around for many years, and it needs to be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ag79
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Connection die out

Hi, I will ftp aroung 80 files after connecting to an FTP Server. But after 2 minutes of connection, it is timed out and connection is dying. Server had a 2 minute connection timeout if connection is idle. But my question, Isn't tranfering files not considered as an activity. Is the connection... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
7 Replies
BN_num_bytes(3) 						      OpenSSL							   BN_num_bytes(3)

NAME
BN_num_bits, BN_num_bytes, BN_num_bits_word - get BIGNUM size SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/bn.h> int BN_num_bytes(const BIGNUM *a); int BN_num_bits(const BIGNUM *a); int BN_num_bits_word(BN_ULONG w); DESCRIPTION
BN_num_bytes() returns the size of a BIGNUM in bytes. BN_num_bits_word() returns the number of significant bits in a word. If we take 0x00000432 as an example, it returns 11, not 16, not 32. Basically, except for a zero, it returns floor(log2(w))+1. BN_num_bits() returns the number of significant bits in a BIGNUM, following the same principle as BN_num_bits_word(). BN_num_bytes() is a macro. RETURN VALUES
The size. NOTES
Some have tried using BN_num_bits() on individual numbers in RSA keys, DH keys and DSA keys, and found that they don't always come up with the number of bits they expected (something like 512, 1024, 2048, ...). This is because generating a number with some specific number of bits doesn't always set the highest bits, thereby making the number of significant bits a little lower. If you want to know the "key size" of such a key, either use functions like RSA_size(), DH_size() and DSA_size(), or use BN_num_bytes() and multiply with 8 (although there's no real guarantee that will match the "key size", just a lot more probability). SEE ALSO
bn(3), DH_size(3), DSA_size(3), RSA_size(3) HISTORY
BN_num_bytes(), BN_num_bits() and BN_num_bits_word() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 50 2013-03-05 BN_num_bytes(3)