Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to restart a script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to restart a script? Post 302415067 by kizofilax on Wednesday 21st of April 2010 04:26:29 PM
Old 04-21-2010
Thanks for your reply. I just tried that and I could actually run name_of_script start and it would start but the problem is since I am login in remotely as soon as I close the terminal the script stops =/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart a script from the top

Hi folks! I'm starting to get pretty good at this, I still have a question left. I can't seem to figure out how to start a script from the top once it completes... SunOS 5.7 with Bash 2.01. Here's a "schedule" of my script: 1. First I have some functions declared 2. The functions are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restart Script

Hi, I am writing a script and need to goto the start of the script if an incorrect command is wrongly entered what can i do. Andy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chapmana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Restart Script?

Hi, I would like to check if there's any sample of restart script for my AIX server. I'm planning to restart it every month. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ademah
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

restart logic in a script

Hi I have a script as follows Function func0 <Set of validations done> Function Func1 <Set of commands and some of the variables set> Function Func2 <Set of commands and some of the varibales set> Function Func3 <Call a job(It is a datastage job which is called> Main job Call func0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart and then continue script

How can I get a script to complete a update, varifiy completion, resboot, and continue with script? Is it possbile to get script to add itself to the "startup application" list #!/bin/bash clear sudo apt-get update #Verify/test the update completed #Reboot #Start/comtinue... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgangcs
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the Restart Script

Hello, I have a shell script which calls for an existing script with appropriate parameters. It looks something like this. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash sh /root/ams_rc stop_shepherd > /dev/null sleep 30 sh /root/ams_rc... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to restart a process

I have written a script which checks for a file if that is being updated or not. If the files is not being updated then it will restart the process. #!/bin/sh DATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` LOG_FILE=/var/xmp/log/XMP_* INCEPT=`ls -l $LOG_FILE |awk '{print $5}'` PROC=`xms show pr |grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to restart the services

Hi Guys, I need bash script to restart the service. 1. Disable the service called SASM svcadm disable sasm 2. if service went to maintenance mode then it shuld clear it with below command svcadm clear sasm 3.or else it should restart the mysql service /etc/init.d/mysql stop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bapu1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart logic in script

I have a question regarding the restart logic in scripts. I have a script named "JOB1" which has 5 steps and every step has a program. Suppose my script fails at 4th step and the first 3 steps have completed successfully. I want to start my script from 4th step directly without doing any change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champ2108
1 Replies
OPENVT(1)                                                            Linux 1.x                                                           OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [OPTIONS] [--] command DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c, --console=VTNUMBER Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work; -f, --force Force opening a VT without checking whether it is already in use; -e, --exec Directly execute the given command, without forking. This option is meant for use in /etc/inittab. If you want to use this feature in another context, be aware that openvt has to be a session leader in order for -e to work. See setsid(2) or setsid(1) on how to achieve this. -s, --switch Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT; -u, --user Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l; -l, --login Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed; -v, --verbose Be a bit more verbose; -w, --wait wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes; -V, --version print program version and exit; -h, --help show this text and exit. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a getopt_long() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)