Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Outbound email re-direct using Sendmail Post 302414586 by dunkar70 on Tuesday 20th of April 2010 12:46:14 PM
Old 04-20-2010
Outbound email re-direct using Sendmail

I need to reconfigure Sendmail to strip the SMTP email addresses from all email and replace them with a single address used for testing purposes.

I have a vended application hosted on Solaris 10 servers. I have access to support the application framework (IBM WebShere Application Server 6.1), but I cannot install additional software to the server.

Our application uses the local installation of Sendmail to send alerts and notifications to standard SMTP email accounts. Everything is working in all of our environments, which is where my problem lies. Our non-production environments are sending test emails to live users because our application requires all environments to use the same LDAP directory.

My searches have led to many threads talking about configuring Sendmail to redirect email through relays to other mail servers, but I cannot find anything about changing the destination email addresses.

Please provide some guidance or links to any documentation that covers this requirement.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

direct output to a file then email it

Ok so i have this script and I dont know how to have the output go to a file and then email that file to someone. #!/bin/ksh print "AL" print "AM" print "AN" print "RL\n" nawk '/PROD/ {print $3, $2}' /home/user/switch_listtest | sort -k1,2 print "End of Report" Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Qmail/SpamAssassin: Modifying outbound email subjects.

I have a software product that tags all outbound emails which I am trying to remove. Does anyone know how to do this using qmail? I also have spam assassin running, I have a feeling it is possible to modify a subject using a rules file? Anyone know? Thanks for any advice. xian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r0sc0
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sendmail not submitting Email on '.'

I have several HP/UX nodes running Sendmail 8.13 ...some work fine, some don't. When an Email is coming in, the 'DATA' command never ends. The other side of the connection gets to the point where it enters the '.' on a line by itself, but sendmail doesn't accept it...if fact it keeps on holding... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_exonets
8 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail outgoing email rate

Does anyone know what's Sendmail outgoing email rate? e.g. 1000 outgoing email per minutes. If so, can we modify it? Thanks. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunmagic2003
1 Replies

5. Debian

sendmail taking too much time to send a email

Hi , I'm using sendmail command to send a email. To send a email sendmail taking 3minutes to complete the process. Is there any configuration needs to be done in server or another solution is there to resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance. Regards Latika (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Delay in sending email to-from localhost in Sendmail

Hi Friends, I am very much new to sendmail or any other mta. I just installed sendmail 8.14 on my rhel6 machine. I was trying to send email to local user but after entering the message when i press CTRL-D it simply hangs. I also tried sending email via mutt but again mutt also hangs. It sends... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating sed Direct Input to Direct Output

Hi guys, been scratching round the forums and my mountain of resources. Maybe I havn't read deep enough My question is not how sed edits a stream and outputs it to a file, rather something like this below: I have a .txt with some text in it :rolleyes: abc:123:xyz 123:abc:987... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0nion
7 Replies

8. AIX

Set email Priority using sendmail

Hi everyone, I'm trying to send an email on unix using sendmail command. For setting the priority to high I use: X-Priority: 1 And it works on HP but when I tried it on AIX the email is sent but no priority!! Anyone can help me Thanks in advance, Hiposh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiposh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with sendmail email filtering on FreeBSD

Hi All, Sorry, for the double posting. Don't know how to move to a different forum. I am very new to Unix. I have a test server running FreeBSD 10.1 and SendMail 8.14.9. I need to filter incoming emails based on the sender's email address or domain and forward them to another address on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simplemind
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to recieve email using sendmail

Hi, Here is my script to send out emails. #!/bin/ksh { print "From: Prod@`hostname`.mycomp.com" print "To: me@mycomp.com" print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Usage Report" print "" print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
Agent::Driver::Mail(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Agent::Driver::Mail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Agent::Driver::Mail - email driver for Log::Agent SYNOPSIS
use Log::Agent; require Log::Agent::Driver::Mail; my $driver = Log::Agent::Driver::Mail->make( -to => 'oncall@example.org', -cc => [ qw( noc@example.org admin@example,net ) ], -subject => "ALERT! ALERT!", -mailer => [ 'smtp', Server => 'mail.example.net' ] ); logconfig(-driver => $driver); DESCRIPTION
This driver maps the logxxx() calls to email messages. Each call generates a separate email message. The Mail::Mailer module is required. CONSTRUCTOR
make OPTIONS The OPTIONS argument is a hash with the following keys: -prefix An optional prefix for the message body. -to The destination addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -reply_to The reply-to addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -from The source address, must be a scalar containing a valid email address. -subject The subject line of the email message. -cc The carbon copy addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -bcc The blind carbon copy addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -priority The priority level for the email message. This is NOT related to the logging priority. -mailer A reference to an array containing the optional arguments to Mail::Mailer->new(). Generally, this can be omitted. NOTES
Thanks to Shirley Wang for the idea for this module. AUTHOR
Mark Rogaski <mrogaski@pobox.com> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Mark Rogaski; all rights reserved. See Log::Agent(3) or the README file included with the distribution for license information. SEE ALSO
Mail::Mailer, Log::Agent::Driver(3), Log::Agent(3). perl v5.10.0 2002-05-12 Agent::Driver::Mail(3pm)