Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paging space
Operating Systems AIX Paging space Post 302414208 by bakunin on Monday 19th of April 2010 12:27:43 PM
Old 04-19-2010
As far as i can see this is a known bug in topas. See here:

IBM IZ41415: TOPAS PAGING SPACE UTILIZATION DOES NOT MATCH WITH LSPS OUTPUT APPLIES TO AIX 6100-01 - United States

Google is your friend and this was the first hit searching for "lsps topas paging space".

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

swap space / paging space

how do you get the paging space reduced without rebooting the machine ? the os is aix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronh
2 Replies

2. AIX

Paging Space per process

This is my first post, and I am new to the UNIX world. Hopefully this question won't be too lame. I know that I can use topas to see the paging space used by some processes. I would like to script something that can add up the paging space used by process owned by or associated with an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alntht
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to distribute paging space among multiple PV

Greetings I have an older box (H50) that has it's paging space setup the following way: $ lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 224MB 1 yes yes lv hd6 hdisk0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
4 Replies

4. AIX

paging space out high

Hello, we have a problem with lpar with AIX 5.3, the issue is that has high level paging space with: _sqlsrv2 and its incremented continously (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paging space definition

sorry for this silly question, I am new to UNIX, what is meant by paging space and what is its purpose? what is also meant by hd6 paging space? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

6. AIX

Paging space

Hello everyone I have 4g of paging space in my rootvg disk I´m going to reduce them to 1gb in my rootvg disk and add 3gb of paging space on my san disk. My rootvg disk is mirror. My question is I can do this on line ? and I can do with the mirror ? or I need to unmirror first my... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. AIX

reduce used paging space

Hi I have used gzip on AIX and the used paging space has jumped from 7% to 20%. The gzip process is finished since a long time. But the used paging space is still the same. How to release this space ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfarah
1 Replies

8. AIX

paging space

Hello everyone I have a doubt about how many paging space can have in the same disk. lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 3072MB 1 yes yes lv hd6 hdisk0 ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. AIX

LV without Paging Space

Hello dear friends, We have VG filevg which consists of 2 PVs when I rechecked the VG there is no Pagingspace LV.. The VG is usually Highly loaded because much reads and writes.. Is this a must to create Paging space on the specified LV? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

10. AIX

No Paging Space Available

Whilst perfoming some tests on lvm's I managed to crash our test box. No real problem as it is only used by our tech team. however I would like to know why this was actually caused as the task being performed at the time was one which I though would not have any impact. Using dd I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugger
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)