Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Books on Linux
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Books on Linux Post 302414037 by Celtic_Monkey on Monday 19th of April 2010 04:11:39 AM
Old 04-19-2010
Slightly off topic here, but have you considered FreeBSD for your needs?

IMHO as a server OS it's hard to beat - has one of the best documentation handbooks & help forums around, i love it......

easy install and completely customisable through the ports / packages / source system. it'll do what you need.

have a look and see what you think.... even if you decide it's not for you, i doubt you'll regret looking.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on Unix

Hai All Iam looking for books in unix on shell scripting which has more stuff on how to run Oracle procedures or functions and the best methods to follow passing unix variables as parameters to Oracle. Thanks in advance Krishna (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnasai
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books and such!

Hi guyes and girls. I am totaly new to this, so i need some advice on books and such. What book should i read if im going to get good in Unix? And if im going to read that book, what OS do i need for my first experience? And where do i get it? Some other things you folks can post is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seyedx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix/linux books

hey, i am a pretty good linux/unix user but i would like to discover the full capabilities of linux/unix. i have "unix unleashed , by sams" any other books/websites reccomendations. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

im very new to unix/linux can someone tell me the best books to read...

im very new to unix/linux operating system and having a hard time understanding the command ( grep, ls, echo and variables) is there any book that is simple to understand... after taking this unix/linux operating system i need to take unix operating system..can someone help me please!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2071fox
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books on Linux Prog..

Hi everybody, Can anyone suggest me some good books on Linux Prog.. I know richard stevens is always there.. But any specific books on Linux Porgramming and Networking in Linux.. Wud be of great help if anybody replies.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Suggested books / Whitepapers for Linux Performance Tuning

Hi All, I'm looking for good reference books or white papers about Linux Redhat Performance tuning / system tuning. Thanks for any advice. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxqwer
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Recommended Linux books

Hi All, What books do you recomend to have for quick reference in regarding to Linux administration and performance monitoring? Thanks for your insight. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for person who want to be Linux/Unix administrator

Hi, I would like to become Linux/Unix administrator. Of course I am aware that it is practically impossible to get that job immediately and in the beginning it will be Junior position or 2nd level of technical support. But I would like to ask: how in-depth knowledge about daemons such like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_NFSSER(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_NFSSER(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_nfsserver - Manages an NFS server SYNOPSIS
nfsserver [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Nfsserver helps one to manage the Linux nfs server as a failover-able resource in Linux-HA. It depends on Linux specific NFS implementation details, so is considered not portable to other platforms yet. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
nfs_init_script The default init script shipped with the Linux distro. The nfsserver resource agent offloads the start/stop/monitor work to the init script because the procedure to start/stop/monitor nfsserver varies on different Linux distro. (optional, string, default /etc/init.d/nfsserver) nfs_notify_cmd The tool to send out NSM reboot notification. Failover of nfsserver can be considered as rebooting to different machines. The nfsserver resource agent use this command to notify all clients about the happening of failover. (optional, string, default /sbin/sm-notify) nfs_shared_infodir The nfsserver resource agent will save nfs related information in this specific directory. And this directory must be able to fail-over before nfsserver itself. (required, string, no default) nfs_ip The floating IP address used to access the nfs service (required, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 40. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a nfsserver resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_nfsserver ocf:heartbeat:nfsserver params nfs_shared_infodir=string nfs_ip=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/nfsserver_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_NFSSER(7)