Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Uninstall Apache web server
Operating Systems Solaris Uninstall Apache web server Post 302413546 by hergp on Friday 16th of April 2010 05:53:29 AM
Old 04-16-2010
You have to remove these packages in order to remove Apache 1.x
Code:
SUNWapchd                        Apache Web Server Documentation
SUNWapchr                        Apache Web Server (root)
SUNWapchu                        Apache Web Server (usr)

SUNWtcatr is part of Tomcat. If you want to remove Tomcat too, then you have to deinstall:
Code:
SUNWtcatr                        Tomcat Servlet/JSP Container (root)
SUNWtcatu                        Tomcat Servlet/JSP Container

Usually, Apache 2 is also installed with Solaris in /usr/apache2 (configs in /etc/apache2 and files in /var/apache2). So you do not neccesarily need the Blastwave packages.
The Apache 2 Solaris packages are:
Code:
SUNWapch2d                       Apache Web Server V2 Documentation
SUNWapch2r                       Apache Web Server V2 (root)
SUNWapch2u                       Apache Web Server V2 (usr)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache Web Server

Hi, Can someone help me for the Apache Web Server files for HP-UX 11.0 systems. Is there any download available? Thanks in Advance Anent (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Apache web server question

Hi - Maybe not the right forum for this but I will ask anyway.. I recently installed apache on my ultra 10 - solaris 9... Working okay - and I have some docs in my htdocs directory that I can access through a web browser.. Now I want to get a bit fancy and change the home page so I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Configure apache web server for coldfusionmx7

Hi, I have been trying to configure apache web server for coldfusion mx7 on solaris 5.8 using the command: ./wsconfig -server coldfusion -ws apache -dir /usr/local/apache/conf -bin /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -script /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl -coldfusion Then it prompted me: Apache... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote web server access (apache)

Hi, I have web server (apache) installed in server-1 and i want to view the web pages from diferent servers also while the web server is running only in one server ....(all the servers are connected to office LAN) right now all the servers have apache running......and CPU utilzation is at its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache Web Server - Invalid Response

Hi, I have a SCO Unix Openserver V6 server which is hosting a website with Apache V1.3 as the http server. The web site has an initial login screen which re-directs to another page once the user name and password has been verified. When connecting to the website and trying to login, it times... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martyn
0 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache Web Server Config

Hi Gurus I am a newbie in Apache. I want to configure Apache Web server(A for reference) to receive all requests on Port-843 to be redirected to another Apache web server(B) and access a crossdomain.xml(located in /var/www/html) file there. I have put the following entries in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Unable to start the apache web server

Hi All, I'm getting this below error bash-4.1$ ./apachectl -k start (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address hostname:18000 no listening sockets available, shutting down Unable to open logs I tried to change the port number, still same error: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Apache web server instalation error in HP-UX 11.31

Hi , I am getting an error while installing on a new hp-ux 11.31 server for the first time. I have troubleshooted to some extent and installed the C compiler which it was asking for and now a new error has arised. please find the below error, Any help would be appreciated. $ make Making all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasad@hp-ux
1 Replies

9. Web Development

Apache 2.4 web server - string manipulation

Hi, I have configured an Apache 2.4 web server for Kerberos authentication. I need to pass the user in an HTTP header to the back-end server. This can be achieved by:- # Set header to blank RequestHeader set KERBEROS_USER "" # Set header RequestHeader set KERBEROS_USER "%{REMOTE_USER}s"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
0 Replies
PMDAAPACHE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PMDAAPACHE(1)

NAME
pmdaapache - Apache2 web server performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/pmdaapache [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] [-S server] [-P port] [-L location] DESCRIPTION
pmdaapache is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics describing the state of an Apache web server. The apache PMDA exports metrics that measure the request rate, cumulative request sizes, uptime and various connection states for active clients. This information is obtained by performing a HTTP request to the server status URL, which must be enabled in the httpd.conf configuration file. ExtendedStatus on <Location /server-status> SetHandler server-status Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from localhost </Location> A brief description of the pmdaapache command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named apache.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdaapache is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd . If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -S Query the Apache status information from the named server rather than the local host. -P Query the Apache status information from the given port rather than the default (80). -L Specify an alternative location for finding the server-status page. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the apache performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Remove pmdaapache is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdaapache $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/help default help text file for the apache metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Install installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Remove undo installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/apache.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdaapache PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), httpd(8), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDAAPACHE(1)