Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 32 bits procesaor with 64 bits Solaris Post 302413426 by enkei17 on Thursday 15th of April 2010 04:19:40 PM
Old 04-15-2010
32 bits procesaor with 64 bits Solaris

people i have a problem i have a 32 bits sparc processor, and solaris 64 bits processor, i install a oracle data base 64 bits, but my oracle will not run because my processor is from 32 bits this is ok??, i know if i have x86 i cannot install a 64 bits operatin system in a 32 bits processor.

but solaris can run aplications of 64 bits on a processor of 32 bits? o i have to installa a Solaris of 32 bits to do more homogen

---------- Post updated at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:05 PM ----------

Its stupid what iam asking, i need to install 32 bits aplicattions beceuse the processor is 32 bits

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing 24 bits to 8 bits display

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change 24 bits depth display to 8 bits depth display for Sun Ultra1, running Solaris 8? THANKS in advance. I think that the command is ffbconfig, but it has nothing about depth. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is SUID/GUID bits in UNIX/Solaris

Hi, I have a Oracle Database on Solaris 5.10 . Following file are showing with SUID/GUID bits . -rwsr-xr-x root dba /optware/oracle/10.2.0.2/db/bin/extjob What will happen if this is changed to oracle dba . I need to know the will there be a effect if the owner of extjob is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get Solaris 8 x86 (32 bits) ethernet up on Vmware 6.x.x?

Hello professional, I am using Solaris 8 x86 (32 bits) running on Vmware 6.x.x my vmware configuration: config.version = "8" virtualHW.version = "6" scsi0.present = "TRUE" memsize = "1024" ide0:0.present = "TRUE" ide0:0.fileName = "Other.vmdk" ide1:0.present = "TRUE"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draggy
0 Replies

4. AIX

How to convert a partition usin 64 bits kernel to 32 bits kernel?

Hello there: I know that exist a procedure to convert an OS using 32bits kernel to 64 bits kernel. But, exist a procedure to convert an OS using 64bits to 32 bits kernel? Please help me. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Bits

My bits count is increasing and decreasing frequently. I haven't get infractions at present. But my bits count is getting increasing and decreasing frequently. Previously it was not like that. May know the reasons please? Thanks in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Place Bits & Win Bits!!! - 17th Annual Satellite Awards

Ten movies have been nominated as best motion picture by the International Press Academy, presentation of the 2012 Satellite Awards will be held on 16th December at Los Angeles, CA. Place your bits here on one of the below nominated movie of your choice:- Argo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
0 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where have all my Bits gone?

Hi there admins/moderators, I've just found that all my bits have vanished... both Savings and Checking accounts are showing '0' as the balance. I initially thought it was nefarious carry-on to blame but I can't see any evidence of a transfer out. Then I figured that bits had been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
3 Replies
VM_PAGE_AFLAG(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					  VM_PAGE_AFLAG(9)

NAME
vm_page_aflag_clear, vm_page_aflag_set, vm_page_reference -- change page atomic flags SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <vm/vm.h> #include <vm/vm_page.h> void vm_page_aflag_clear(vm_page_t m, uint8_t bits); void vm_page_aflag_set(vm_page_t m, uint8_t bits); void vm_page_reference(vm_page_t m); DESCRIPTION
The vm_page_aflag_clear() atomically clears the specified bits on the page's aflags. The vm_page_aflag_set() atomically sets the specified bits on the page's aflags. The vm_page_reference(m) call is the same as vm_page_aflag_set(m, PGA_REFERENCED); and is the recommended way to mark the page as referenced from third-party kernel modules. These functions neither block nor require any locks to be held around the calls for correctness. The functions arguments are: m The page whose aflags are updated. bits The bits that are set or cleared on the page's flags. The following aflags can be set or cleared: PGA_REFERENCED The bit may be set to indicate that the page has been recently accessed. For instance, pmap(9) sets this bit to reflect the accessed attribute of the page mapping typically updated by processor's memory management unit on the page access. PGA_WRITEABLE A writeable mapping for the page may exist. Both PGA_REFERENCED and PGA_WRITEABLE bits are only valid for the managed pages. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>. BSD
August 31, 2011 BSD