Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep regular expression to find = not == Post 302413383 by Neo on Thursday 15th of April 2010 11:57:29 AM
Old 04-15-2010
Regex:

Code:
if\s*\(\w+\s?=\s?\w+\)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep : regular expression

guys, my requirment goes like this: I have a file, and wish to filter out records where 1. The first letter is o or O and 2. The next 4 following letter should not be ther I do not wish to use pipe and wish to do it in one shot. The best expression I came up with is: grep ^*... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

regarding grep regular expression

When i do ls -ld RT_BP* i am getting the following list. drwxrwx--- 2 user group 256 Oct 17 10:09 RT_BP809 drwxrwx--- 2user group 256 Oct 17 10:09 RT_BP809.O drwxrwx--- 2 user group 256 Oct 17 10:09 RT_BP810 drwxrwx--- 2user group 256 Oct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with regular expression

Hi, guys. I have one question, hope somebody can give me a hand I have a file called passwd, the contents of it arebelow: *********************** ... goldsimj:x:5008:200: goldsij2:x:5009:200: whitej:x:5010:201: brownj:x:5011:202: goldsij3:x:5012:204: greyp:x:5013:203: ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep regular expression

please can someone tell me what the following regrex means grep "^aa*$" <file> I thought this would match any word beginning with aa and ending with $, but it doesnt. Thanks in advance Calypso (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calypso
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and regular expression

Hi, I am executing a svnlook command to check to see if the following line exists. I need a regular expression to represent the line. A /test/test1/qa/test2/index.html A /test/test1/qa/test3/test.jpg A /test/test1/qa/test3/test1.jpg A /test/test1/qa/test4/test.swf I just need to extract... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kminkeller
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep and regular expression to find class references in a c++ file

I'm trying to math all class references in a C++ file using grep with regular expression. I'm trying to know if a specific include is usuless or not, so I have to know if there is a refence in cpp. I wrote this RE that searches for a reference from class ABCZ, but unfortunately it isn't working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: passerby
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grep / regular expression

Hi, Input file: -13- -1er- -1xyz1- -1xz12- -2ab1- -2ab2-- -143- Code: grep '^*\-' input.txt Wrong output: -13- -1xyz1- -2ab1- -2ab2-- (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
4 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep + Regular expression or

Hi , I have few lines like A20120101.ANU.ZIP A20120401.ABC.ZIP A20120105.KJK.ZIP A20120809.JUG.ZIP A20120101.MAT.ZIP B20120301.ANU.XIP I want to filter by 1. Files starting with A and Ending With Z ( ^A.*.ZIP$) 2. And either ANU, or KJK or MAT in the file name. Hope my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep regular expression

I want to track only below: I am using below, but it doesn't work: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
6 Replies
Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)

NAME
Tie::Hash::Regex - Match hash keys using Regular Expressions SYNOPSIS
use Tie::Hash::Regex; my %h; tie %h, 'Tie::Hash::Regex'; $h{key} = 'value'; $h{key2} = 'another value'; $h{stuff} = 'something else'; print $h{key}; # prints 'value' print $h{2}; # prints 'another value' print $h{'^s'}; # prints 'something else' print tied(%h)->FETCH(k); # prints 'value' and 'another value' delete $h{k}; # deletes $h{key} and $h{key2}; or (new! improved!) my $h : Regex; DESCRIPTION
Someone asked on Perlmonks if a hash could do fuzzy matches on keys - this is the result. If there's no exact match on the key that you pass to the hash, then the key is treated as a regex and the first matching key is returned. You can force it to leap straight into the regex checking by passing a qr'ed regex into the hash like this: my $val = $h{qr/key/}; "exists" and "delete" also do regex matching. In the case of "delete" all vlaues matching your regex key will be deleted from the hash. One slightly strange thing. Obviously if you give a hash a regex key, then it's possible that more than one key will match (consider c<$h{qw/./}>). It might be nice to be able to do stuff like: my @vals = $h{$pat}; to get all matching values back. Unfortuately, Perl knows that a given hash key can only ever return one value and so forces scalar context on the "FETCH" call when using the tied interface. You can get round this using the slightly less readable: my @vals = tied(%h)->FETCH($pat); ATTRIBUTE INTERFACE From version 0.06, you can use attributes to define your hash as being tied to Tie::Hash::Regex. You'll need to install the module Attribute::Handlers. METHODS
FETCH Get a value from the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. EXISTS See if a key exists in the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. DELETE Delete a key from the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. AUTHOR
Dave Cross <dave@mag-sol.com> Thanks to the Perlmonks <http://www.perlmonks.org> for the original idea and to Jeff "japhy" Pinyan for some useful code suggestions. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-8, Magnum Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1). perltie(1). Tie::RegexpHash(1) perl v5.10.0 2008-06-30 Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)