Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Adding a user twice to Solaris OS Post 302411660 by jlliagre on Friday 9th of April 2010 06:23:41 AM
Old 04-09-2010
It is possible by directly editing the password file and has some use case (creating aliases with a different password). The command lines will refuse doing it though.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

adding a user in single user mode

Just got a solaris 8 blade 150 box with no users, only a root account. no one seems to know the password. I'd like to add one user. So I booted into single user mode via cdrom and added one. Can't seem to login using the new account, though. Here's what I'm using: # useradd -d /tmp/"user" -m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while adding a new user using Solaris Management Console.

Hi All, I am adding a new user by using Solaris Manamement Console after Remotely Access through Xmanager 1.3.9. But after completing all steps its through an error as follows. The Actual Error Reported was : The management Domain file :/abc/abc do not exist or can not be managed on abc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: response_manu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding long user name

hello everybody: I need to add a 10 character user name to my tru64 system, is there any work around I can use for that. thanks alot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aladdin
1 Replies

4. SCO

adding a user

In SCO Unix, where does useradd or adding a user through scoadmin (gui) pick the initial default .profile (login profile) that is put in the users home folder? In Solaris its in the /etc/skel/.profile. I would like to replace it with a custom .profile; so that it's picked automatically when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: othman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

help adding a new user/password

I just installed Solaris 10 yesterday and I need to create a new username and password. I'm new to the system and I have yet to learn my way around. I appreciate all help and thank you in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bones
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding user

Hello All, New to Solaris, I added a new user by cmd " useradd -d /export/home/username -m username " but wondered when I tried to login with this new username, It doesn't automatically redirect to the user's home folder. Can anyone suggest about this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Adding User in Solaris Error.....

Hi all, when I type this command useradd -d /home/ram89 -m ram89 it gives an error unable to create home directory. Why so ? How to create user in Solaris? The perfect method? Please guide me. Thanks in advance Manali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Adding user with Sudo permission in solaris 9

How can I add user with Sudo permission in solaris 9 ? I'm new in Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)