Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo Problem?
Operating Systems Linux Sudo Problem? Post 302411223 by datkan on Thursday 8th of April 2010 02:42:38 AM
Old 04-08-2010
Sudo Problem?

Hi I wanted to add a group using 1 id which is not root but has some sudo privileges.

Code:
test@test>sudo -l 
gives this
(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/passwd, /usr/sbin/useradd, /usr/sbin/usermod, /usr/sbin/userdel, /usr/bin/tee, /usr/bin/grep, /bin/grep, /usr/bin/chmod, /bin/chmod, /usr/bin/echo, /bin/echo, /usr/bin/cat, /bin/cat, /usr/bin/logins, /usr/bin/ls, /bin/ls, /usr/bin/faillog, /usr/bin/chage, /usr/bin/groups, /usr/bin/ed, /bin/ed, /usr/sbin/groupadd, /usr/sbin/groupmod, /usr/sbin/groupdel, /usr/bin/rm, /bin/rm, /usr/bin/mv, /bin/mv, /usr/bin/sed, /bin/sed, /usr/bin/touch, /bin/touch, /usr/bin/cp, /bin/cp, /usr/bin/awk, /bin/awk, /usr/bin/cut, /bin/cut, /usr/bin/gpasswd, /bin/gpasswd, /usr/sbin/faillog
test@test> cd /usr/sbin
test@test> sudo groupadd testgrp
test's password:<enter>
test@test> cat /etc/group

Group Not Added

test@test> sudo groupadd testgrp
test's password:<test's passwd>
sudo: groupadd: command not found

What Am I doing wrong over here?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by pludi; 04-08-2010 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sudo su and .sh script

here is my script: #!/bin/sh cd /Users/a echo "what is the name of the file u want?" read var1 var1=$var1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command problem

Hi All, I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id. Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like /usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with password expire and sudo.

Hi, I have a small problem that I need to address regarding the password expiration for a number of different oracle accounts. Currently I have the MAXWEEKS set to 12 in the /etc/default/passwd file for all accounts. I also have sudo installed on the server and users access the oracle accounts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Sudo inside a here document

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo wildcards problem: for every argument a *-wildcard? Better solution?

Hi I allow the user tommy to run this command as root sudoCommand: /app/appname/connectors/*/*/current/bin/*With "sudo -l" he sees the sudoers, but is unable to execute. $ sudo /app/appname/connectors/zur/namename/current/bin/othername agentsvc --i --u root --sn 1m7command Sorry, user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Problem using sudo with NOPASSWD

I need to configure access for a user in an HP-UX to : 1) use certain commands and 2) login as another user as a sudo. These have to be done WITHOUT the user needing to enter a password. However, after I enter the lines using visudo, there is a prompt for a password when the user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aigini82
3 Replies
svscanboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     svscanboot(8)

NAME
svscanboot - starts svscan(8) in the /service directory, with output and error messages logged through readproctitle(8). svscanboot is available in daemontools 0.75 and above. SYNOPSIS
svscanboot DESCRIPTION
svscanboot runs the pipeline svscan /service 2>&1 | readproctitle service errors: ..... with 400 dots. The last 400 bytes of error messages from svscan(8) will be visible to ps(1) through readproctitle(8). svscanboot sets $PATH to /command:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin (all in one line, no space) and clears all other environment variables. Program writers are encouraged to use globally allocated names in /command. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8), ps(1) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html http://cr.yp.to/slashcommand.html svscanboot(8)