Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep multiple pattern from XML file Post 302411015 by revertback on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 11:02:02 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Network I want the record no for specific field where the pattern occur

Thanks all for replying back
my files(1000 of them ) in dir. My data lin file is ike this

<meta:term-type>PUB_SEG_TYPE</meta:term-type>
<meta:term-source>Atlas</meta:term-source>
<meta:term-id>14242630</meta:term-id>
<meta:term-value>Article</meta:term-value>

I want to get all the record number for those record where <meta:term-source> is list, table, abc, photograph.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to search multiple pattern in file with grep/sed/awk

Hello All, I have a file which is having below type of data, Jul 19 2011 | 123456 Jul 19 2011 | 123456 Jul 20 2011 | 123456 Jul 20 2011 | 123456 Here I wanted to grep for date pattern as below, so that it should only grep "Jul 20" OR "Jul ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split XML file into multiple files based on pattern

Hello, I am using awk to split a file into multiple files using command: nawk '{ if ( $1 == "<process" ) { n=split($2, arr, "\""); file=arr } print > file }' processes.xml <process name="Process1.process"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple pattern

I have got a text from each line, I need to fetch port only if there is an ip a.text text and port=25 b.ip=(12.32.54.256) and port="52" c.ip=(55.251.253.12) and port=25" d.text text and port="5" e.ip=(45.211.155.15) and port="457" f.ip=(144.158.256.2) and port="588" I know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep a pattern from zip file which has multiple files insdie

Hi Gurus, I got a small requirement in my script to grep a specific pattern in a zip compressed file which has been created with multiple files. Sample File: 20180913.zip $> zipinfo -l 20180913.zip 20180913_file1 20180913_file2 20180913_file3 20180912_file4 20180912_file5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
PX_PUT_RECORD(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  PX_PUT_RECORD(3)

NAME
PX_put_record -- Stores record in Paradox file SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> int PX_put_record(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, char *data) DESCRIPTION
Stores a record in the buffer data into a Paradox file. data must be constructed with PX_put_data_xxx(3) functions before. It is of the same structure as the record returned by PX_get_record(3) and PX_get_record2(3). The new record will be stored after the last one added. RETURN VALUE
Returns the record position on success and -1 on failure. The first position has number 0. SEE ALSO
PX_get_record(3), PX_get_record2(3), PX_put_recordn(3), PX_put_data_byte(3), PX_put_data_short(3), PX_put_data_long(3), PX_put_data_dou- ble(3), PX_put_data_alpha(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_PUT_RECORD(3)