Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Diff to Compare 2 files Post 302410929 by grepFruit on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 07:14:22 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Code:

$ comm -13 file1 file2 > file3
$ cat file3
Access Grant Blocks Reserved,CELL,1A,,,,AGBLK,0,0,1,CELL,1A,,,,ERICSSON,GSM,07B
Access Grant Blocks Reserved,CELL,1A,,,,AGBLK,0,0,1,CELL,1A,,,,ERICSSON,GSM,07B
$

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare/Diff between directories and subdirectories?

Hi, Does anybody know the cmd to compare two areas and print out the different files w/ path? I tried cmp and diff and dircmp but with no luck. Should I grep and print? For example: /aa/images/jan ..../images/feb /bb/images/jan ..../images/feb i want to print the compare,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylee80
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 coloum of 2 diff files using perl script

Hi, i am new to perl scripting.. i am still learing it.. i am asked to write a perl script which should compare 2 coloums of 2 different files. if those 2 coloumn are same the script should store the both the lines in 2 diff files. these are files, file 1: 21767016 226112 char 19136520... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuki
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and output diff to third file

I have made several attempts to read two files of ip addresses and eliminate records from file1 that are in file2. My latest attempt follows. Everything works except my file3 is exactly the same as file1 and it should not be. # !/usr/bin/bash # # NoInterfaces # Utility will create a file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files, diff the result

Hi Everyone, 1.txt 00:01:01 asdf 00:33:33 1234 00:33:33 0987 00:33:33 12 00:33:33 444 2.txt vvvv|ee 444|dd33|ee dddd|ee 12|ee 3ciur|fdd the output should be: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to compare ,diff and remove betwen 2 files

Hi Friends Need your expertise. Command to check the difference and compare 2 files and remove lines . example File1 is master copy and File2 is a slave copy . whenever i change, add or delete a record in File1 it should update the same in slave copy . Can you guide me how can i accomplish... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two CSV files and put the difference in third file with line no,field no and diff value.

I am having two csv files i need to compare these files and the output file should have the information of the differences at the field level. For Example, File 1: A,B,C,D,E,F 1,2,3,4,5,6 File 2: A,C,B,D,E,F 1,2,4,5,5,6 out put file: (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: karingulanagara
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Diff to compare 2 arrays

I have two arrays and they look like this: array=(`cat /local/mnt/*sys/*includes|grep -v NEW`) array2=(`cat /tmp/*sys.z |grep -v NEW`) I am trying to compare them but I need to use the diff -u command. I am not sure how to do this. I cannot just do diff -u ${array} ${array2} I cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff 3 files, but diff only their 2nd column

Guys i have 3 files, but i want to compare and diff only the 2nd column path=`/home/whois/doms` for i in `cat domain.tx` do whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Registrant ID:/,/Registrant Email:/p' > $path/$i.registrant whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Admin ID:/,/Admin Email:/p' > $path/$i.admin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
Algorithm::Diff::XS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Algorithm::Diff::XS(3pm)

NAME
Algorithm::Diff::XS - Algorithm::Diff with XS core loop SYNOPSIS
# Drop-in replacement to Algorithm::Diff, but "compact_diff" # and C<LCSidx> will run much faster for large data sets. use Algorithm::Diff::XS qw( compact_diff LCSidx ); DESCRIPTION
This module is a simple re-packaging of Joe Schaefer's excellent but not very well-known Algorithm::LCS with a drop-in interface that simply re-uses the installed version of the Algorithm::Diff module. Note that only the "LCSidx" function is optimized in XS at the moment, which means only "compact_diff" will get significantly faster for large data sets, while "diff" and "sdiff" will run in identical speed as "Algorithm::Diff". BENCHMARK
Rate Algorithm::Diff Algorithm::Diff::XS Algorithm::Diff 14.7/s -- -98% Algorithm::Diff::XS 806/s 5402% -- The benchmarking script is as below: my @data = ([qw/a b d/ x 50], [qw/b a d c/ x 50]); cmpthese( 500, { 'Algorithm::Diff' => sub { Algorithm::Diff::compact_diff(@data) }, 'Algorithm::Diff::XS' => sub { Algorithm::Diff::XS::compact_diff(@data) }, }); SEE ALSO
Algorithm::Diff, Algorithm::LCS. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. Contains derived code copyrighted 2003 by Joe Schaefer, <joe+cpan@sunstarsys.com>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2008-10-24 Algorithm::Diff::XS(3pm)