Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to remove files older than 60 days Post 302409569 by antointoronto on Thursday 1st of April 2010 01:28:35 PM
Old 04-01-2010
script to remove files older than 60 days

Hi
I need help in the script which looks at a contorl file which has a list of file names like xxxx.12345 and I want to take only xxxxx and search in a specific directory and remove the file if its older than 60 days

I have written something like this.. but seems to be wrong
Code:
LOG_DIR="/aaa/bbb/ccc"
loglist="${dummy}/log.list"
# Clean up old  files
for clean in `awk '! /#/ && ! /^$/ {print $1}' ${loglist}`
do
find ${LOG_DIR} -name "${loglist}" -mtime +60 -exec rm -f {} \;
done

can someone tell me if this works ?

Regards,
Antony

Last edited by pludi; 04-02-2010 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing

need help with this ... Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing list "test" file older than 5 days and then remove them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypatel6871
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove files older than 30 days except directories

Hi, I need to remove files (*.trc) which are older than 30 days from one location. My problem is there I do not want to visit any of the directories at that location. I want to search files at that particular location only (need to skip directorys at that location). maxdepth option is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to pick out files from a file which are older than 15 days

Hi , I have a file abc.txt which actually contains a directory and file list -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 334 Dec 03 2001 aafs_006.ksh -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 1270 Nov 13 2001 mcl_deposit_ftp.ksh -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 925 Oct 31 2001 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tar, compress and remove files older than two days

Hi, I'm Eddy from Belgium and I've the following problem. I try to write a ksh script in AIX to tar, compress and remove the original *.wav files from the directory belgacom_sf_messages older than two days with the following commands. The problem is that I do not find a good combination... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edr
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to tar files older than 30 days

Hi all. Here's my situation: I have performance reports that run every 30 minutes saved in the format: stats_report_11251000.txt stats_report_11251030.txt stats_report_11251100.txt stats_report_11251130.txt (Obviously run at Nov 25 10 AM, 10:30 AM, 11 AM and so on...) I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files in a folder older than 2 days

hi i need a script to delete the files older than 2 days... if my input is say in a folder versions A_14122012.txt A_15122012.txt A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt i want my output to be A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt thanks in advance hemanth saikumar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files older than 2 days.

Hi All, I am new to the scripting and using solaris 10 OS. Please suggest me from the below script which modifications need to be done to delete the files more that 2days older. Current script is deleting existing file. # Remove old explorer runs if needed DIR=`dirname ${EXP_TARGET}` if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writte a script to copy the files older than 7 days using find and cp

Hi I'm trying to writte a script (crontab) to copy files from one location to another... this is what i have: find . -name "VPN_CALLRECORD_20130422*" | xargs cp "{}" /home/sysadm/patrick_temp/ but that is not working this is the ouput: cp: Target... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patricio181
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically

we need to have periodic clean up implemented in our sap directory \\sapds\PR1\int\scm\snp\outbound\snapshot. which needs unix script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically in sap system unix os. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkreddy_b2w
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript command to remove files starting with a certain string, and older than 3 days

Hi All, Need help in identifying a shellscript command to remove all files on a server directory, starting with a certain prefix and also older than 3 days. That means files created with that prefix, today or yesterday, shouldn't be removed. Thanks, Dev (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)