Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to generate the list?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to generate the list? Post 302408222 by rdcwayx on Monday 29th of March 2010 12:33:23 AM
Old 03-29-2010
How to generate the list?

Reference post, https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ease-help.html , I can generate a word list easily, by echo or for loop.

For example, with the echo command and word expect, I can list all 6 letters possibility (6X6X6X6X6X6=46656)

Code:
echo {e,x,p,e,c,t}{e,x,p,e,c,t}{e,x,p,e,c,t}{e,x,p,e,c,t}{e,x,p,e,c,t}{e,x,p,e,c,t}

but I want to generate a list which letters are not used again. So the list should be only (6X5X4X3X2X1=720).

Any idea?

The word will be any length.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to generate a list of files

Hello people I need to find a way to generate a file that contains the names of all *.jpg files that were generated after a specific date The search should start in my current folder and recursively search inner folders It would be best to list the file names one below the other in the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasongr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to generate a random list from a given list

Dear Masters, Is there an easy way to generate a random list from a give list of names? Let's say, I have a file containing 15000 city name of world(spreadsheet, names in the first column), I would like to randomly pick up 50 cities each time for total 1000 picks. Or doesn't anyone know a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskcc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to generate a 'kill' list

Hi, I want to write a script which can generate a kill list for killing process, program name start with f60.., which have been running for more than 8 hours, the list output should looks like: kill -9 4444176 kill -9 4674520 kill -9 4454180 kill -9 4994523 Can anyone help how to write... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

Hi Please help me to resolve the below query. My shell script has generated a file output.file like below ******************************** DROP TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully. CREATE TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS ( CONTACT_ID ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate a list of number

How can I generate a list of numbers and place all of these numbers in a line-by-line into a file. I am new to scripting actually. 0501000000 to 0509999999 i.e. 0501000000 0501000001 ...... 0509999999 set 02 0551000000 to 0559999999 i.e. 0551000000 0551000001 ...... 0559999999 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

I am trying to generate a report for a file called phone_book awk -f {phone_book} why does this not work? Nothing happens at all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gustave
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a change list of files/dir

Is there a tool that can diff a directory and generate a change list of files in that directory based on a previous snapshot on the directory? For example /etc/a.txt:changed /etc/b.txt:removed /etc/c.txt:added Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: overmindxp
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generate list of deleted files

I copied all JPEGs from my laptop to an external drive using find . -name "*.jpg" -exec cp '{}' ./media/Backup/pictures \; And then deleted all of them from my laptop. Now, I realize that I need the folder path of all the original JPEGs as the path has the important information. I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshwaconsulting
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate list of directories that a user has access to

I manage an AIX OS 7.1 system on IBM Power 770. I want to find out which directories/folders a particular user has read/write access to. How can I cleanly create a list of all directories on the system that a user has access to.. Does this make sense? Thanks in Advance, NEWB:rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: code911
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate list of letters

Heyas I want to list passed arguments and make an incrementing 'marker'. That 'marker' should be a letter between a-z, in proper order. I'm not aware of a seq pendant, so i tried it with this: C=141 list="" while ];do printf \\$C list+=" \\$C" C=$((C+1)) done echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)						 1						SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)

ssh2_methods_negotiated - Return list of negotiated methods

SYNOPSIS
array ssh2_methods_negotiated (resource $session) DESCRIPTION
Returns list of negotiated methods. PARAMETERS
o $session - An SSH connection link identifier, obtained from a call to ssh2_connect(3). RETURN VALUES
EXAMPLES
Example #1 Determining what methods were negotiated <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); $methods = ssh2_methods_negotiated($connection); echo "Encryption keys were negotiated using: {$methods['kex']} "; echo "Server identified using an {$methods['hostkey']} with "; echo "fingerprint: " . ssh2_fingerprint($connection) . " "; echo "Client to Server packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['client_to_server']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['client_to_server']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['client_to_server']['mac']} "; echo "Server to Client packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['server_to_client']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['server_to_client']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['server_to_client']['mac']} "; ?> SEE ALSO
ssh2_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)