Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ordering a data file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ordering a data file Post 302407916 by Jairaj on Saturday 27th of March 2010 02:30:04 AM
Old 03-27-2010
Hi Franklin,

It will be great if you explain your sed command execution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

proper ordering of o/p values

Hi, Below is my script which creates a file: #!/bin/sh if then echo "Enter bill period " echo "Syntax: sh cpd.sh G08" exit fi sqlplus uname/pwd@dbname <<EOF set WRAP off set FEEDBACK off set PAGESIZE 0 set VERIFY off (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File ordering by portion of filename

Hi, Lets say I have a few xml files: 1234567894.xml abc_1234567895.xml abc_000_1234567890.xml abc_0000000_1234567893.xml 684_abc_000_1234567899.xml The naming convention of the files is: xxxxx_timestamp.xml OR timestamp.xml where x can be anything and I would like to order them by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

word ordering problem HELP please (linux)

Hi guys I need you ,please help me i have to do this for tomorow and i don't understand how to do Q1 : Order the words of RADIO.txt by frequency Q2 : Order the words of RADIO.txt in alphabétique order Q3 : Order the words of RADIO.txt par ordre "rhymique" (exemple, put togeder words which are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lili
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-ordering data

input Predictions for job: 1299399580 ********************************************** gg18_qqq10_100017878_100017978_- ============================================================================== zzz Factor: XXX, ttt: crsmsgw, Cutoff: 0.6429 seqe Position fff Coordinate K-mer Score ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re ordering lines - Awk

Is it possible to re-order certain rows as columns (of large files). Few lines from the file for reference. input Splicing Factor: Tra2beta, Motif: aaguguu, Cutoff: 0.5000 Sequence Position Genomic Coordinate K-mer Score 97 chr1:67052604 uacuguu 0.571 147... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ordering

file1 1 SNP2 3 1 SNP3 3 1 SNP5 4 2 SNP1 4 2 SNP4 4 file2 SNP1 1 1 1 SNP5 5 5 5 SNP4 4 4 4 SNP2 2 2 2 SNP3 1 1 1 desired output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random ordering

1 2 4 5 3 I would like to use a script so that i can randomly rearrange these numbers such as 3 5 2 4 1 Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ordering Folders having Date as Names

Hi All, I have directories under /development/arun/weekly/ 20120421 20120414 . . . . I need to arrange these directories in descending order. folder name with recent date will be on top and then others. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ordering batch number

Hi, Could some one please help to order the batch number in sequence. I will be getting bunch of files with batch number in folder1 which are not in sequence. I need to move all files from folder1 to folder2 with batch number in sequence. Header record looks like PROCESS1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - re-ordering list of parameters

Hello. I have a script that writes parameters in alphabetic order. But I have a parameter which have 3 lines. There is no continuation character ( '\' ). Each of the three lines finish with 'cr'. But line 2 and 3 of the concerning parameter start with a tab char (but should be one or more... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD