Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send Remote Commands via SSH with variables Post 302406240 by DarkSwiss on Monday 22nd of March 2010 11:16:05 AM
Old 03-22-2010
Send Remote Commands via SSH with variables

Hi there

I found the Command to send commands to other servers like:
Code:
sv01> ssh user@sv02 'ps -ef'

But I cant use Variables from a script i want to execute on another server like:
Code:
sv01> ssh user@sv02 'cd $SCRIPTHOME'

although the variable is set on sv01.

How can I run commands on sv02 with variables from sv01?

Thx 4 your help

Greez Roger

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make ssh and send commands

Hi, I'm trying to make an SSH into a SGSN node and collect some commands printouts.:confused: I really don't know how this can be done. I think it must be like this: #!/bin/bash ssh user@192.168.88.10 Then I must enter the password, but I don't know how to do it, I tried with: echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagomes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote ssh commands help

I have a script that I'm trying to use that will check for files on a remote machine and if there is files copy the files, modify the perm on the copied files, and then delete the files off of the remote server. Right now I need to get the correct syntax so the the remote commands still interpret... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH, Remote Commands and echo, oh my!

So, HostB has a SSH trust via pre-shared keys from HostA. HostA> ssh HostB hostname HostB HostA> ssh HostB echo `hostname` HostA HostA> ssh HostB 'echo `hostname`' `hostname` HostA> ssh HostB "echo `hostname`" HostA HostA> ssh HostB echo $PS1 user@HostA:$PWD HostA> ssh HostB... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrathe
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands in remote server using ssh

I have some commands which need to be executed in remote machine. I have Linux Server from where I need to connect to Solaris server using ssh and then declare some variable over there and run some commands. I don't want to call a script which is present in Solaris server from Linux server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
7 Replies

6. Linux

send remote commands to windows machine?

hey guys, I've done some searching and other than winexe I haven't been able to find a way to send remote commands to a windows machine. The problem I get is with winexe whenever you send the process to the background in a script, I get the following error. :wall: Any help is appreciated! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrell
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote commands via ssh

Hi, I'm tryin to write a script that will collect information about a remote servers, put them into variables and print them to screen. # /usr/bin/bash ls $1 > /dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo "$1 is file" for server in $(cat $1) do # echo $server ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote ssh commands

ssh XXXXX@XXXXX'. $HOME/.profile 2>/dev/null;cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME; adcmctl.sh start "apps${AppsPass}" || cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME; adcmctl.sh start "apps${AppsPass}"' As per our business requirement we should be able to execute the above two commands seprated with or ( || )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh - running commands on remote server

Hi, I am trying to run commands on a list of servers that I can ssh to and just want to know if there is a 'cleaner' way of doing this. At the moment, I am doing as below. Is there a way that I can escape the double quote differently? If a use a single quote to enclose the commands that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not working with ssh remote login

Hi Friends, I am unable to run our application commands on remote server using ssh (passwordless login enabled). But the same command running with telent perl script. please suggest. SSH: C:/bin>ssh -l monitor tl04cp01 exec "/home/monitor/123" /home/monitor/123: viewlog: not found. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
7 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project