Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date IN UNIX Post 302405216 by kandi.reddy on Thursday 18th of March 2010 06:53:08 AM
Old 03-18-2010
date +%Y-%m-%d --date='28 day ago'

With the above command it will give the current date...

I need what date it was 28 days ago from the todays date.
kandi.reddy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format

Hello Experts, How do i get date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do you compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date One Week Ago From Given Date, Not From Current Date

Hi all, I've used various scripts in the past to work out the date last week from the current date, however I now have a need to work out the date 1 week from a given date. So for example, if I have a date of the 23rd July 2010, I would like a script that can work out that one week back was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get 60 days Old date from current date in KSH script

Hi i am writing a cron job. so for it i need the 60 days old date form current date in variable. Like today date is 27 jan 2011 then output value will be stote in variable in formet Nov 27. i am using EST date, and tried lot of solution and see lot of post but it did not helpful for me. so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days between the current date and user defined date

I am trying to find out the number of days between the current date and user defined date. I took reference from here for the date2jd() function. Modified the function according to my requirement. But its not working properly. Original code from here is working fine. #!/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a date, 30 days from the current date?

Well guys, I know the right syntax for displaying the current date is $(date). However, I am planning to send emails to some customers which displays their subscription date, and then the expiry. The expiry being 30 days from the current date. What would the right syntax be? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxx
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seven days past date from current date

hi all.. i want 2 know how 2 find 7days past date from current date.. when i used set datetime = `date '+%m%d%y'` i got 060613.. i just want to know hw to get 053013.. i tried using date functions but couldnt get it :( i use c shell and there is no chance that i can change that ..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Subscribers with Date 90 days older than current date

I have to display only those subscribers which are in "unconnected state" and the date is 90 days older than today's date. Below command is used for this purpose: cat vfsubscriber_20170817.csv | sed -e 's/^"//' -e '1d' | nawk -F '",' '{if ( (substr($11,2,4) == 2017) && ( substr($11,2,8) -lt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get a given date and subtract it to 5 days ago

Hi all, I have been researching to obtain SSL certification expiry for most of our webistes. For some cases, some hosts where not directly accessible so i finally got a solution working with curl using my proxy. This lists the expiry date which i'm finally looking for. # curl --proxy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
CALENDAR(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       CALENDAR(3)

NAME
easterg, easterog, easteroj, gdate, jdate, ndaysg, ndaysj, week, weekday -- Calendar arithmetic for the Christian era LIBRARY
Calendar Arithmetic Library (libcalendar, -lcalendar) SYNOPSIS
#include <calendar.h> struct date * easterg(int year, struct date *dt); struct date * easterog(int year, struct date *dt); struct date * easteroj(int year, struct date *dt); struct date * gdate(int nd, struct date *dt); struct date * jdate(int nd, struct date *dt); int ndaysg(struct date *dt); int ndaysj(struct date *dt); int week(int nd, int *year); int weekday(int nd); DESCRIPTION
These functions provide calendar arithmetic for a large range of years, starting at March 1st, year zero (i.e., 1 B.C.) and ending way beyond year 100000. Programs should be linked with -lcalendar. The functions easterg(), easterog() and easteroj() store the date of Easter Sunday into the structure pointed at by dt and return a pointer to this structure. The function easterg() assumes Gregorian Calendar (adopted by most western churches after 1582) and the functions easterog() and easteroj() compute the date of Easter Sunday according to the orthodox rules (Western churches before 1582, Greek and Russian Orthodox Church until today). The result returned by easterog() is the date in Gregorian Calendar, whereas easteroj() returns the date in Julian Calendar. The functions gdate(), jdate(), ndaysg() and ndaysj() provide conversions between the common "year, month, day" notation of a date and the "number of days" representation, which is better suited for calculations. The days are numbered from March 1st year 1 B.C., starting with zero, so the number of a day gives the number of days since March 1st, year 1 B.C. The conversions work for nonnegative day numbers only. The gdate() and jdate() functions store the date corresponding to the day number nd into the structure pointed at by dt and return a pointer to this structure. The ndaysg() and ndaysj() functions return the day number of the date pointed at by dt. The gdate() and ndaysg() functions assume Gregorian Calendar after October 4, 1582 and Julian Calendar before, whereas jdate() and ndaysj() assume Julian Calendar throughout. The two calendars differ by the definition of the leap year. The Julian Calendar says every year that is a multiple of four is a leap year. The Gregorian Calendar excludes years that are multiples of 100 and not multiples of 400. This means the years 1700, 1800, 1900, 2100 are not leap years and the year 2000 is a leap year. The new rules were inaugurated on October 4, 1582 by deleting ten days following this date. Most catholic countries adopted the new calendar by the end of the 16th century, whereas others stayed with the Julian Calendar until the 20th century. The United Kingdom and their colonies switched on September 2, 1752. They already had to delete 11 days. The function week() returns the number of the week which contains the day numbered nd. The argument *year is set with the year that contains (the greater part of) the week. The weeks are numbered per year starting with week 1, which is the first week in a year that includes more than three days of the year. Weeks start on Monday. This function is defined for Gregorian Calendar only. The function weekday() returns the weekday (Mo = 0 .. Su = 6) of the day numbered nd. The structure date is defined in <calendar.h>. It contains these fields: int y; /* year (0000 - ????) */ int m; /* month (1 - 12) */ int d; /* day of month (1 - 31) */ The year zero is written as "1 B.C." by historians and "0" by astronomers and in this library. SEE ALSO
ncal(1), strftime(3) STANDARDS
The week number conforms to ISO 8601: 1988. HISTORY
The calendar library first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This manual page and the library was written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The library was coded with great care so there are no bugs left. BSD
November 29, 1997 BSD