Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to rename a group of files Post 302404949 by atlantis on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 03:48:16 PM
Old 03-17-2010
I dont know how to find the version of my OS. can you tell me the command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files using shell scripting

Hi all, i want to rename some files in my directory using korn shell scripting. 1) i want to rename files who have no extension so that they will have the format: filename.extension and 2) i want the files who has extension initially, to stay the same (they will not be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Rename/Convert Files in Shell Scripting?

Hi All, I want to Rename/Convert all the .doc files in to .pdf format. I am using the following Script. But the final output is not proper. ########################################## cd /u13/prepaid/ftpdata/INfiles/sap/ for name in `ls *.doc` do name1=`echo $name | sed -e... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename files with .1,.2,.3 ....ext respectively

Hey Guys.... Just need some help as I am not proficient in Unix shell script... Doubt: --------------- Suppose there will be some of the following files inside a directory called OUT ... Path: - /appdb1/product/batch/rms/OUT files inside OUT directory:- POSU_75002_20090127_20090129035442... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to rename files

Hi, i need a bit of help writting a tcsh script which renames all ascii text files in the current directory by adding a number to their names before the extension so for example, a directory containing the files Hello.txt Hello.t Hello should have the following changes, Hello.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakuzaa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename all files that have a certain text in the filename using tcsh shell

Hello~ I'm on AIX version 5 and I believe I have the tcsh shell environment to play in. Can you guys help me with a solution to rename all files that have "eclp" in the filename to "ecl" ? I basically want to rename the files and strip the "p" out. i.e. original filenames: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: in2vtec
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to rename a group of files

Hello, I have a directory which has the file names as ap_boise_20091109.Z.20091110 ap_aero_20091020.Z.20091021 . .. ... I have to remove the time stamp after which is present after Z. as there are thousands of file to do so, is there a simple way to rename those file in a single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis_yy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for a Shell script to rename multiple files

Hi! I need help to create a shell script to search inside a file and then copy a portion of the search result as the new file name. Basically I was hacked over the weekend and the genius wipe out my drive from my server. I was able to recover alot of files, but biggest problem Is now the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidney514
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Power Shell - rename files and move

hi people; i want to make a file/folder operation as follows. - i have 41 folders in Windows and each of them have same-named files (~200 files each) inside. - i want to stack these files together in a folder but Windows is asking to "overwrite" (as usual) since the file names are the same.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oop to copy and rename files through SQL Statement in shell Script

#!/bin/sh sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF SET HEADING OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF Select pt.user_concurrent_program_name , OUTFILE_NAME FROm apps.fnd_concurrent_programs_tl pt, apps.fnd_concurrent_requests f where pt.concurrent_program_id = f.concurrent_program_id and pt.application_id =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
1 Replies
SVN-DO(1)							 Command reference							 SVN-DO(1)

NAME
svn-do - export a source and run a command inside the source. SYNOPSIS
svn-do COMMAND DESCRIPTION
svn-do will use svn-buildpackage to export a source, run a command inside the exported source and, if the command succeeds, copy back the debian/ tree EXAMPLES
clean the tree (useful if this requires the full source tree) $ svn-do debclean I: Exporting source tree via svn-buildpackage... [...] I: Running command: debclean [...] I: Copying back the debian/ tree... 'debian/control' -> 'path/package/debian/control' use quilt to refresh a patch $ QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches svn-do sh -c "quilt push 002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch; quilt refresh" [...] I: Copying back the debian/ tree... [...] 'debian/patches/002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch' -> '/path/package/debian/patches/002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch' Start a source editing session and decide later not to copy back the debian/ tree $ svn-do $SHELL [...] I: Running command: /bin/zsh % exit 1 E: command exited with 1; not copying back the debian/ tree. edit a patch in a CDBS' simple-patchsys based package $ svn-do cdbs-edit-patch 02_pmount.patch [...] SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/() The svn-buildpackage HOWTO manual svn-inject(1) puts a Debian source package into Subversion repository svn-upgrade(1) upgrade source package from a new upstream revision svn(1) Subversion command line client tool dpkg-buildpackage(1) Debian source package tools lintian(1) Debian package checker AUTHORS
Eduard Bloch This manual page was written by Eduard Bloch in roff. Goneri Le Bouder Converted manpages to SGML. Neil Williams Converted manpages to DocBook XML and current Debian maintainer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Eduard Bloch Release: 0.8.2 May 2009 SVN-DO(1)