Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing Time and date on Virtual server Post 302404743 by Peterh on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 06:46:27 AM
Old 03-17-2010
Changing Time and date on Virtual server

Hello Everyone

I am running a Sunos 5.10 Generic_138888-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine with more than one virtual servers are on this box. My question is possable to change the date and time on the virtual server without change the time on the main server?

Thanks

Peter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sync Time/date with NTP server

Hello all, What would be the most convienint and proper way on syncing up the time and date on Solaris 8 servers with an NTP server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Time/Date on a server

I have two servers which are not in sync. I need to write a script that checks the time on the corresponding server and another script to call the above script on both the servers simulataneously to check if there is a time difference. Can anyone provide me with such scripts as I am new to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravneet123
3 Replies

3. AIX

changing server time

Hi all, we have IBM- AIX 5.2 operating system on that we have our oracle production database and there is daily crontab script for backup. my boss told me to change the server time.if i change the server time by root user does it give problem to any application or script which are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to get remote server date & time

Hi, i dont have remote m/c user credential. i only know remote m/c ip address. and i am able to ping that remote m/c. In windows we use: "net time \\computername" to get the remote m/c time. so how can i get remote m/c time in unix m/c? (means a unix command) Thanks for the help. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_ori
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date stopped changing on Unix server

Hi, I don't have a lot of info, so I'm sure this is a long shot. But figured I'd check to see if this issue rings a bell with anyone. Two weeks ago a Unix server stopped updating the date. So everyday it shows the same system time. It's been manually changed to the correct date, but then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: no_clue
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Server Date and Time

Hi, I am trying to change server date and time for testing purposes but every time i change the date and time it gets switched back to system date and time after half an hour or so. Is there a way to change the server date and time temporarily? My guess is that the server time is in sync with time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahmad155
5 Replies

7. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Touch - changing date and time

Hi, I am facing a problem with the command - TOUCH on Linux. See the example below: File on Linux: rw-rw-r-- user1 user1 Jan 01 09:00 test.txt The file - test.txt was created by the user - user1. Now, I want to change the date and time, but using other user - user2 The user2... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
12 Replies

9. SCO

Changing date time will cause the X11 restart

I am using SCO Unix System V/386 Release 3.2v4.2 in some legacy machine. I find that when I change the date time of the system, it will sometimes restart to the scologin page It seems to be related to the X11 because other sessions (not scologin session) will not be affected. Is there... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannychan
10 Replies
NWFSTIME(1)							     nwfstime							       NWFSTIME(1)

NAME
nwfstime - Display / Set a NetWare server's date and time SYNOPSIS
nwfstime [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
nwfstime displays a NetWare server's date and time. You can also set a NetWare server's date and time from the local time. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfstime prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -s With -s, nwfstime sets the file server's date and time according to the local date and time. nwfstime 12/10/1996 NWFSTIME(1)