Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to find particular field and sum it Post 302404243 by thillai_selvan on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 04:40:03 AM
Old 03-16-2010
What error you are getting?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum value from selected lines script (awk,perl)

Hello. I face this (2 side) problem. Some lines with this structure. ........... 12345678 4 12345989 13 12346356 205 12346644 74 12346819 22 ......... The first field (timestamp) is growing (or at least equal). 1)Sum the second fields if the first_field/500 are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolfili
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sum particular field in text file?

how to sum particular field in text file i am having text file like 222|4000|abc 333|5000|xyz 444|6000|mno i want sum of second field i.e 4000+5000+6000 can u pls help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers

pls give me the solution for this i need it for my exam pls pls pls Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell script to find sum of first n numbers of Fibonacci series

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Shell script to find sum of first n numbers of Fibonacci series 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sum 2nd field in an array

Hi Everyone, ($total+=$_) for @record; assume @record=(1,2,3), so the result is 6. if @record=("1 3","2 3","3 3"), would like to sum up the 2nd field of this array, the result is 9. i tried " ($total+=$) for @record ", cannot, please advice. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 03:45... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find sum & average of 8th field

Hi Friends, I have many files like below. total,0.7%,0.0%,0.2%,0.0%,0.2%,0.7%,98.0% total,1.9%,0.0%,0.4%,0.0%,0.0%,6.8%,90.6% total,0.9%,0.0%,0.4%,0.0%,0.0%,0.0%,98.5% total,1.4%,0.0%,0.7%,0.0%,0.2%,2.9%,94.5% total,0.7%,0.0%,0.4%,0.0%,0.0%,0.9%,97.7%... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of argument passed to the script

I want to make a script which takes the number of argument, add those argument and gives output to the user, but I am not getting through... Script that i am using is below : #!/bin/bash sum=0 for i in $@ do sum=$sum+$1 echo $sum shift done I am executing the script as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find repeated word and take sum of the second field to it ,for all the repeated words in awk

Hi below is the input file, i need to find repeated words and sum up the values of it which is second field from the repeated work.Im trying but getting no where close to it.Kindly give me a hint on how to go about it Input fruits,apple,20,fruits,mango,20,veg,carrot,12,veg,raddish,30... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
11 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calculate sum of the field

Hi All, I need to calculat the sum of the particular field in text file. And the datatype of the field in file is decimal(18,2). If the file is small, then I am facing any problem. But the file is huge, then the result is converted into exponential format. I tried using various command thr... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathanandhini
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find out the sum of output on the screen

Hi, I am new to scripting.I am using redhat linux 6.I am just finding a way to summing up the output displayed as below.It will help me a lot since we used to get this kind of output every now and then. I am pasting here the output .What is required is this o/p needs to be summed up and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
3 Replies
libgpg-error(3) 						   User Commands						   libgpg-error(3)

NAME
libgpg-error - is a library with error codes and descriptions shared by most GnuPG related software. DESCRIPTION
libgpg-error is a library with error codes and descriptions shared by most GnuPG related software. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgpg-error.so libgpg-error shared library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibgpg-error | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gpg-error(1), gpg-error-config(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Jeff Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 31 Jul 2008 libgpg-error(3)