Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support rsync transferring multiple files issue Post 302403834 by rdcwayx on Monday 15th of March 2010 01:04:29 AM
Old 03-15-2010
Why not rsync on the home directory directly?

Code:
rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring hidden files with scp

Is there a way to scp hidden files only ( with regex ) without specifying the name of the hidden files ? Many thanks in advance ! :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Pause Until Rsync Is Done Transferring

Alright, I have this script that pulls files from a few locations, process those files, creates a zip file, rsync's it and then removes everything. The problem that I'm having is that I do not know how large the rsync'ed zip file is going to be. Right now I'm using a sleep command before I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mget issue: not transferring more than 2 files

I am trying to transfer about 3000 files from a window platfrom to my linux server. the scrip is pretty simple ftp to the source server (windows) cd to source directory lcd to destination directory mget *.jpg what I get in the log file is: mget 07421001.jpg? 200 PORT command successful.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doveman
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp or rsync multiple files in parallel from a remote host

Hi. I'm trying to speed up an rsync command by running it in parallel. There's no real option for this other than if the files are in multiple directories (which they're not). And even then there's no way of knowing if rsync has succeeded as the process is running in the background .. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Big_Jeffrey
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for transferring files

Hi Guys, I have to transfer a few files in my system . The commands to be used are as follows . Will it be possible to send the output of the following in the form of a mail . cd /export/home/teja ls -lrt Quote.java* mv Quote.java Quote.java.20121023 cp /tmp/Quote.java . ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Teja
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISSUE in handling multiple same name files :-(

Dear all, My work is completely stuck cos of the following issue. Please find it here and kindly help me. Task is following: I have set of files with such pattern 1t-rw-rw-r-- 1 emily emily 119 Jun 11 10:45 vgtree_5_1_pfs.root 3t-rw-rw-r-- 1 emily emily 145 Jun 11 10:46 vgtree_5_3_pfs.root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we overcome Broken pipe error during scp,SFTP,Rsync while transferring big files.?

Hello All, Hope all are doing well. We use scp (some times sftp and rsync also) for transferring big files (around 2GB each ) from 1 Network to another Network. The Issues which we face :- During transfer some times( Once in 1 week (or twice)) , the speed of transfer gets down to 30 kb/s,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Upendra Bhushan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring files to directories

I have a large number of files with file names of the format iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.029.000000.sac... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with search and replacing multiple items in multiple files

Im having an issue when trying to replace the first column with a new set of values in multiple files. The results from the following code only replaces the files with the last set of values in val.txt. I want to replace all the files with all the values. for date in {1..31} do for val in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync - Mirror a repository path via Rsync SYNOPSIS
Use svnnotify in post-commit: svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" --handler Mirror::Rsync --to "/path/to/local/htdocs" [--svn-binary /full/path/to/svn] --rsync-host remote_server [--rsync-delete=[yes|no]] [--rsync-dest "/path/on/remote/server"] [--rsync-args arg1 [--rsync-args arg2...]] [[--rsync-ssh] [--ssh-user remote_user] [--ssh-identity /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa]] or better yet, use SVN::Notify::Config for a more sophisticated setup: #!/usr/bin/perl -MSVN::Notify::Config=$0 --- #YAML:1.0 '': PATH: "/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin" 'path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/www/htdocs" 'some/other/path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/local/www/htdocs" rsync-host: "remote_host" rsync-dest: "/path/on/remote/www/htdocs" ssh-user: "remote_user" ssh-identity: "/home/user/.ssh/id_rsa" DESCRIPTION
Keep a directory in sync with a portion of a Subversion repository. Typically used to keep a development web server in sync with the changes made to the repository. This directory can either be on the same box as the repository itself, or it can be remote (via SSH connection). USAGE
Depending on whether the target is a "Local Mirror" or a Remote Mirror, there are different options available. All options are available either as a commandline option to svnnotify or as a hash key in SVN::Notify::Config (see their respective documentation for more details). Working Copy on Local host Because 'svn export' is not able to be consistently updated, the local rsync'd directory must be a full working copy. The remote server will only contain the ordinary files (no Subversion admin files). The files in the working copy must be writeable (preferrably owned) by the user identity executing the hook script (this is the user identity that is running Apache or svnserve respectively). Local Mirror Please see " SVN::Notify::Mirror " for details. Remote Mirror Used for directories not located on the same machine as the repository itself. Typically, this might be a production web server located in a DMZ, so special consideration must be paid to security concerns. In particular, the remote mirror server may not be able to directly access the repository box. o rsync-host This value is required and must be the hostname or IP address of the remote host (where the mirror directories reside). o rsync-delete The default mode of operation is to delete remote files which are not present in the local working copy. NOTE: this will delete any unversioned files in the remote directory tree. Unless you have all of your files under version control, you should pass the "--no-rsync-delete" or "--rsync-delete no" option. o rsync-dest This optional value specifies the path to update on the remote host. If you do not specify this value, the same path as passed in as the "--to" parameter will be used (this may not be what you meant to do). o rsync-args This optional parameter can be used to pass additional commandline options to the rsync command. You can use this multiple times in order to pass multiple options. The default args are "--archive --compress". See the "rsync-ssh" options for using SSH instead of RSH (rather than pass those commands via "--rsync-args" o rsync-ssh This optional parameter signals that you wish to use SSH instead of whatever the default remote shell program is configured in your copy of rsync. You may need to set one or more of the "ssh-*" parameters as well. o ssh-user If the remote user is different than the local user executing the postcommit script, you can specify it with this parameter. You would often use this in conjunction with the next parameter. o ssh-identity This value may be optional and should be the full path to the local identity file being used to authenticate with the remote host. If you are setting the ssh-user to be something other than the local user name, you will typically also have to set the ssh-identity. AUTHOR
John Peacock <jpeacock@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2008 John Peacock This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
SVN::Notify, SVN::Notify::Config, SVN::Notify::Mirror perl v5.14.2 2012-07-04 SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)