Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How do I configure sendmail to block all OUTGOING mail FROM one userid TO the world? Post 302403801 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 14th of March 2010 08:44:12 PM
Old 03-14-2010
You did block/stop/delete whatever caused the one account to become a spambot, right? Othwerise the problem will spread to other user accounts. And this answer becomnes pointless.

You can employ setfacl to block execute access for the sendmail image for use by one specific username. I would completely disable that account, and move it to the nobody group if you have one. I would also question any file that user had write acces to. Then give the user another, new account.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail outgoing mail only setup.

Hi. I need to set up sendmail so that it can send mail to a mail relay. I have never touched sendmail before so I am not sure how to do this. All incoming mail is directed to a different server - this is just to enable me to get mail out. Running Solaris 8 on Sparc. Many thanks, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warrend
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi plz How to configure my sendmail or mail commands???

Hi my freinds , I have RH7.2 I want to send E-mails from the prompt terminal where should I configure POP3 or SMTP also I want to access My hotmail .....I can't access it from MSN site when I write mail command in the prompt I can't send the mail hoow to send it to the root for example also... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for configuring outgoing mail in Solaris 9

G'day, I've a solaris 9 box that I want to configure so that users can send out mails to internet. How can I do it? Can someone pls list me the steps or direct me to a detailed website. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable Outgoing Mail

I have a Solaris 2.6 server running sendmail (Version 8.9.3p2). It actually receives email and runs the sendmail process. I need to configure it so that it continues to receive email, but disable its ability to send email out. My initial ideas was to just rename the mail and mailx binaries. But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rosko
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail outgoing email rate

Does anyone know what's Sendmail outgoing email rate? e.g. 1000 outgoing email per minutes. If so, can we modify it? Thanks. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunmagic2003
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to auto CC all outgoing e-mail?

I'm using Debian 5.0.4, exim4 and mutt. I would like all outgoing mail sent by any/all users CC (not BCC) to a specified e-mail account. (I do have it working for BCC using 'unseen'.) I have spent hours of searching/reading/testing how and have not been able to find out how. I have seen it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mewbie
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - Sendmail - add hostname to subject of outgoing mail

Hello, I'm configuring sendmail on an AIX 7.1 server (bos.net.tcp.client 7.1.1.15). I've gotten sendmail to send mail through our Novell GroupWise server, so that mail from a user on the server appears to come from their GroupWise account, and replies to the email would go to their GroupWise... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyebeam
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure sendmail to Only send mail to one domain

On both Solaris 10 and RHEL, we would like to configure sendmail in such a way that the email sent from the server should only go to a particular domain. For eg. We want our server to ONLY send the mail to <user_name>@abc.com. All other domains should be blocked/restricted. The server should not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Sendmail changes userid in Return-Path

Hi, sendmail on our hp-ux box is changing the userid of the from address. I have searched the web and read the man pages but can't stop this from happening. We have a process which creates a text file we pass into sendmail. In the text file we write for example: Return-Path:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsmitherscorp
4 Replies
userstat(1M)															      userstat(1M)

NAME
userstat - check status of local user accounts SYNOPSIS
[parm]... [parm]... DESCRIPTION
checks the status of local user accounts and reports abnormal conditions, such as account locks. If any parm arguments are specified, abnormal status is displayed only for those parameters, otherwise abnormal status is displayed for all parameters. The section describes the various parameter values that can be used for parm. Each account with an abnormal status is displayed on a single line. Each line contains the username followed by one or more parameters, indicating what abnormal conditions exist for the account. The section describes the various parameters that can be displayed. Options The following options are recognized: Display the status of all users listed in (Quiet) Do not print anything to standard output. This can be used when interested only in the return value. Check the status of only the specified user name. The user must be a local user listed in Parameters The parameters that could be displayed to indicate abnormal account status, or that could be used with the option, include the following: is displayed if an administrator lock is present on the account. This lock indicates that the encrypted password in or begins with An administrator lock can be set, for example, with is displayed if the account is locked because the account expiration date has been reached. days is the number of days that the account has been expired. See the description of the expiration field in shadow(4). is displayed if the account's password has expired. days is the number of days that the password has been expired. days is displayed only if its value can be determined. is displayed if the account is locked because there have been no logins to the account for a time interval that exceeds the maximum allowed. days is the number of days that the account has been inactive. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account is locked because the number of consecutive authentication failures exceeded the maximum allowed. num is the number of consecutive authentication failures. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account is locked because the account has a null password and is not allowed to have a null password. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account has a time-of-day login restriction. times defines the time periods that the user may login. See the description of the attribute in security(4). Security Restrictions Users invoking this command must have the authorization. See authadm(1M). is not supported for trusted systems. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: did not find abnormal status found abnormal status invalid usage or user not found EXAMPLES
The following example reports all abnormal status for all local accounts. The following example shows that the account for user is not locked due to too many consecutive authentication failures. FILES
standard password file shadow password file user database SEE ALSO
authadm(1M), passwd(4), security(4), shadow(4), userdb(4). userstat(1M)