Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to Install jdk.bin using shell script with auto yes/no? Post 302401897 by jaya on Monday 8th of March 2010 08:15:47 AM
Old 03-08-2010
using the following command able to install silently in local machine,

echo "yes" | ./jdk_version.bin &>/dev/null

but can anybody help me how to do in remote machine . i am trying the below command but it is not working,
ssh root@ipaddress_of_remotemachine echo "yes" | ./jdk_version.bin &>/dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about install JDK on SCO Unix

I try to run java file on SCO Unix, but my Unix doesn't setup with JDK environment. I go to sun.com to download JDK for SCO Unix, but there is only JDK for HP-UNIX, is it ok for SCO Unix? If it's ok, how can I install it to my Unix after I download? If it's not ok, How can I do to run java file in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to install jdk

Hi, I need a shell script that would do silent installation of jdk on a linux machine. Can anyone help me with this? Thanx Sunny (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

4. Solaris

error during install jdk 5.0.11 packages

hi all i tried to install jdk on solaris 10 2008 and i used these packages in installation pkgadd -d SUNWj5cfg SUNWj5dmo SUNWj5dev SUNWj5rt SUNWj5jmp SUNWj5man all was good except one (SUNWj5rt) some of the output ERROR: attribute verification of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Upgrade Jdk After install in linux

hii... i want to upgrade my java version 1.4.2 to 1.6 in linux plateform after installing JDK. so what are the steps & commands in linux to upgrade it . Please Help me ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install jdk 6u17 in a prompt-less script

I came across this site while Googling for how to silently install JDK 6u17. I didn't find a solution, but I came up with this hack so I thought I'd post it here: The trick is to just temporarily disable the "more" application: ]# chmod u+x jdk-6u17-linux-x64-rpm.bin ]# # Prevent prompts...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhart
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Auto IP Change

Hi, I am newbie to Linux/Asterisk. I am trying to write a shell script that would look for my SIP trunk registration, if found UNREACHABLE then it would execute a command and check my local IP, if my local IP is 192.168.1.106 then it would change the IP to 192.168.1.150 and vice versa, after... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
escape(1)                                                       Mail Avenger 0.8.3                                                       escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)