Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx -s is not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx -s is not working Post 302401341 by redhead on Friday 5th of March 2010 03:34:47 PM
Old 03-05-2010
Check if the second box is allowing mailing outside of the internal mailhandlers.
Since they're virtualy the same, chances are the first one allows routing to the outside, where teh second one has no idear how to do that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx -s not working right

I have set up in Solaris to email me and I received emails on the OS level. However, I don't get the mail in my MS Outlook. Please advise. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx is not working outside e-mails

HI i wrote schell script to send e-mail automatically. it works only e-mail for our company.say for example, company name is : abc, example: joe@abc.com every body is receiving with xxx@abc.com (abc.com) if any body from outside of our company like joe@xyz.com.(xyz.com) are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosurya
3 Replies

3. Solaris

mailx is not working.......

Hi All, I am working with solaris 5.9 servers.After some patch installation my mailx is not working in the server.I am using IBM Lotus Notes. Please help me to solve this issue (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx command not working

HI, I am sending a html attachment with the help of mailx and uuencode command ..but it is not working properly.. :confused: Following are the commands i tried out. parmdir=/opt/dwqa1/TEST/status_test uuencode $parmdir/some.html $parmdir/some.html | mailx -s TEST ajoshi@yahoo.com But in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working

Hi All, I am strugging with mailx. I have a shell script which triggers mail when executed. I have mailx utility installed in system under /usr/bin/mailx but still when that script executes i am not getting mails..any idea why strange behaviour..? Tha:(nks in advance Usha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
2 Replies

6. Solaris

mailx not working

i am supporting a server running Solaris 5.6.I don't know if the mail is configured on this server. i ran the following commands and got the corresponding output. #which mailx /usr/bin/mailx #ps -ef | grep sendmail root 601 1 0 Jan 10 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx is not working

i have a file.i want to get that file to my mail.mail services are running.but still i didn't receive the mail. i have used this command. mailx -s file1 muraliinfy04@gmail.com < file2.txt.can anybody help me.it's urgent.I am new to unix. actually file1 i have directed to a file2.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working properly

I am using mailx command in my script to attach a file and send an email. I need to attach a csv file and send email to a mail id - I am using uuencode output.csv output.csv | mailx -s "test mail" xyz@abc.com This will send a mail with scrambled text in body. am i missing something ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working on SunOS 5.9

I m trying to send o/p of one file using mailx command but is not working PFB command : cat healthchecklog | mailx -s "HEALTH CHECKS" abc@jkl.com also I have checked the ps -ef for mailx which is giveing below o/p ps -ef | grep mail root 364 1 0 Jun 08 ? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Mailx stopped working

after a new patch set on the 14th. I noticed that mailx stopped working, as far a I can tell that is the only thing that changed. solaris 10 OS it seems everything is the same, sendmail seems to be running root@server # ps -ef | grep -i sendmail smmsp 687 1 0 10:42:25 ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
0 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) 					     MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES						   MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)