Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting a comand finding all files from unix system Post 302400225 by peter20 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 04:50:15 PM
Old 03-02-2010
a comand finding all files from unix system

Hi,
I am new in using unix systems and I need your help.

I would like to make a command that prints all files (not directories) from a file system. These files must be executable from all users (--x --x --x)

Thank you in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files in Unix

I need help with the syntax to serach a directory and all the folders in that directorys for a single pdf file. I would than like to move that file to another folder. I don't know if this is possible with one command. Please Help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnlong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding files in Unix

Hi 1)How do i find files in unix that end either in .pc or .h This does not return any output find . -name "*(pc|h)" 2)I have a file like this 001123456 .. ... i want the output to be like 001-123-456 any tricks in regular expression can do this in vi. regards Hrishy (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell script for finding top ten files of maximum size

I need to write a Unix shell script which will list top 10 files in a directory tree on basis of size. i.e. first file should be the biggest in the whole directory and all its sub directories. Please suggest any ideas (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding unix file system

Hi, I have here a hard drive from a computer that was damaged, and now the costumer needs the data on the hard drive, but doesn't have any other computer to read data. I don't really know what file system is on the disk. How can I find out what file system is on the disk so I can read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmarques
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing script for finding files in the unix machine?

I would like to find whether a file exists in the UNIX machine. That i can check using if ;then echo "exists" echo " `cat $file` " else echo "invalid file" fi. and i can find out using : find / -name "filename" . But it i have wanted to search in all directories. How to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparsa001
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding files in unix and excluding certain folders

hi good day I am using redhat linux. Is there a better utility than the 'find' command to search for files I am trying to search through and enitre directory such as /repos for a files that have 'UAP' in it. However there are some '.step' folders littered throughout the /repos folder at varying... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnstrong
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the common lines in two files using 4 fields with the help of awk and UNIX

Dear All, I have 2 files. If field 1, 2, 4 and 5 matches in both file1 and file2, I want to print the whole line of file1 and file2 one after another in my output file. File1: sc2/80 20 . A T 86 F=5;U=4 sc2/60 55 . G T ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NamS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX comand

Team, I need unix command to grep directory part from the string for example I have a texts something like /apps/opt/data/current/spool/test.dbf /apps/opt/archive/../../test.dbf I need only directory part from that string like my out put will /apps/opt/data/current/spool/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asappidi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all files w/ suffix on the system

I am trying to build a list of all files ending in *.cbl in the system, but when I try find / -name *.cbl, I only find one specific file name that is alphabetically first. Is there something I'm missing? TIA ---------- Post updated at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:15 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbport
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total distinct count from multiple csv files through UNIX script

Hi All , I have multiple pipe delimited csv files are present in a directory.I need to find out distinct count on a column on those files and need the total distinct count on all files. We can't merge all the files here as file size are huge in millions.I have tried in below way for each... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies
UUX(1C) 																   UUX(1C)

NAME
uux - unix to unix command execution SYNOPSIS
uux [ - ] command-string DESCRIPTION
Uux will gather 0 or more files from various systems, execute a command on a specified system and send standard output to a file on a spec- ified system. The command-string is made up of one or more arguments that look like a shell command line, except that the command and file names may be prefixed by system-name!. A null system-name is interpreted as the local system. File names may be one of(1) a full pathname; (2) a pathname preceded by ~xxx; where xxx is a userid on the specified system and is replaced by that user's login directory; (3) anything else is prefixed by the current directory. The `-' option will cause the standard input to the uux command to be the standard input to the command-string. For example, the command uux "!diff usg!/usr/dan/f1 pwba!/a4/dan/f1 > !fi.diff" will get the f1 files from the usg and pwba machines, execute a diff command and put the results in f1.diff in the local directory. Any special shell characters such as <>;| should be quoted either by quoting the entire command-string, or quoting the special characters as individual arguments. FILES
/usr/uucp/spool - spool directory /usr/uucp/* - other data and programs SEE ALSO
uucp(1) D. A. Nowitz, Uucp implementation description WARNING
An installation may, and for security reasons generally will, limit the list of commands executable on behalf of an incoming request from uux. Typically, a restricted site will permit little other than the receipt of mail via uux. BUGS
Only the first command of a shell pipeline may have a system-name!. All other commands are executed on the system of the first command. The use of the shell metacharacter * will probably not do what you want it to do. The shell tokens << and >> are not implemented. There is no notification of denial of execution on the remote machine. UUX(1C)