Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Missing requisite filesets when installing Sysback AIX Post 302399928 by mpics66 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 01:58:38 AM
Old 03-02-2010
bos.rte 5.3.0.50 is an OS package , the AIX install CD should be having the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tsm client filesets for AIX 4.3.3

Hi, can somebody point to where i can get tsm client filesets to install tsm on AIX 4.3 node please? Thank You! karthik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

2. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

3. AIX

sysback with aix over NIM

HELLO ALL i have installed aix 6.2 , and install sysback 6.1 over Nim , and cinfigure it by Nim AND sysback smitty menu with create spot and lppsource and make TSM configration for that, i take image backup(installation image) successfully but when i want to restore this image , the boot cycle... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nancy_ghawanmeh
5 Replies

4. AIX

Missing efix on AIX 4.3.3

Hi forum, I have two servers. Both running same version 4.3.3 TL11. On one of them efix IX85104 is installed but missing on another server. I have tried to find it and download it but it's just too old. Is there any way that I could extract/copy this efix from server where it's present... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phobus
1 Replies

5. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

6. Debian

Help me with installing nagvis in nagios (Apache mod_php missing)

Hi Im new in this forum. I have setup a pc with debian, and installed nagios core, with basic functions like pings in all our departments. The plan is to install nagvis and make a map with "pins" on all our departmens, and then pin is green the department is up, and when its red its down. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nielsen110
1 Replies

7. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

8. AIX

Dmpdt_chrp [Missing Manual] [AIX 7.1]

NAME dmpdt_chrp SYNOPSIS /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp DESCRIPTION Dumps OpenFirmware device tree -n dumps NVRAM variables -b dumps in some binary format -i dumps in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent.kgb
0 Replies

9. AIX

Realpath [Missing Manual][AIX 7.1]

NAME realpath SYNOPSIS /usr/lib/instl/realpath --help | path DESCRIPTION Translates 'Path' into its absolute, canonical form. EXAMPLES (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent.kgb
0 Replies

10. AIX

The Missing AIX Documentation Project

Welcome to AIX - All Intricacies eXplained List of AIX commands lacking documentation: mkinstallp (create installable packages) imfs (create FS entries in /etc/filesystems) getlvodm (get LVM information from LVCB and ODM) ldeletepv (delete phantom disks from ODM) lqueryvg (lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies
rmfdmn(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 rmfdmn(8)

NAME
rmfdmn - removes a file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/rmfdmn [-f] domain OPTIONS
Turns off the message prompt. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing file domain. DESCRIPTION
Use the rmfdmn utility to remove an existing, but unused, file domain and all its filesets from the system. When you remove a file domain: The file domain and its filesets are destroyed The directory entry for the file domain in the /etc/fdmns file is deleted AdvFS volumes which were assigned to the file domain are relabeled as unused Before attempting to remove a file domain, unmount all filesets and clone filesets from the domain using the umount command. If you attempt to remove a file domain that has mounted filesets or clone filesets, the system does not remove the file domain. Instead, it dis- plays an error message indicating that a fileset is mounted. For each file domain you attempt to remove, a prompt similar to the following is displayed: rmfdmn accounts_dmn rmfdmn: remove domain accounts_dmn? [yes/no] If you answer n, the file domain remains. If you answer y, it is removed. The default is n, the file domain remains. The -f option is useful for scripts when you do not want to be queried for each file domain. If you choose the -f option, no message prompt is displayed. The rmfdmn command operates as if you responded yes to the prompt. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this command. To remove a domain, all filesets and clone filesets must be unmounted. The rmfdmn command can leave a partially-removed domain in the /etc/fdmns directory, for example, should there be a system failure during the remove operation. If this happens, the remnants of the removed domain are put in the /etc/fdmns directory as a file with a name in this format: rmfdmn.domain_name.processid. If you interrupt the rmfdmn command or there is a system failure during its operation, check the /etc/fdmns directory for domain names in this format and use the rmfdmn command to delete them. However, if a partially-removed domain has been in the /etc/fdmns directory for some time, it can be risky to remove it with the rmfdmn command: the partitions might have been put back into use and deleting them would make them unusable. [The rmfdmn command puts an unused option in the fstype field of the disk label when it removes disks.] In this case, use the rm -r command to remove the partially-recovered domain. Unlike the rmfdmn command, the rm command does not alter the fstype field of the disk label. EXAMPLES
The following example removes the accounts_dmn file domain. In this example, the accounts_dmn#credit_fs fileset is mounted on the /mnt3 directory and must be unmounted. When the verification prompt for removing the accounts_dmn is displayed, yes is selected. # umount /mnt3 # rmfdmn accounts_dmn # rmfdmn: remove domain accounts_dmn? [yes/no] # rmfdmn: domain accounts_dmn removed FILES
Contains file domain names and devices. SEE ALSO
mkfdmn(8), advfs(4), showfdmn(8), mount(8) rmfdmn(8)