Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Scripting - process and user ids...Help please Post 302399911 by dennis.jacob on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 01:11:05 AM
Old 03-02-2010
Try:

Code:
ps -ef | awk 'NR>1{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq -c

Sample output:

Code:
   4 aja1
   8 root
   2 stu1

Last edited by dennis.jacob; 03-02-2010 at 02:24 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

List of Thread IDs of a process

Hello, Can some one tell how to read the thread IDs of the current process in Sun Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. regards, Murali (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem to track process IDs in HP-UX machine

Hello All, I need to track the exact process ID related to a particular application running on HP-UX machine. i.e. the exact functionality of fuser unix command. fuser application.log // It gives the exact process ID for application.log Since there is no provision for 'fuser' in HP-UX... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek0071
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate user ids

Hi I have to validate the user ids. It should be numeric. I am using following code echo $input | grep '^\{11\} > /dev/null if echo "error" else echo "Success" fi But when i entered user id as 828^&% the output is 8565 8566 -bash: ^: command not found Means when i entered... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to loop all process ids and take pmap

Hi all, I need a script that will loop around all the current processes and take a pmap -x <process id> and output each pmap to a separate file. Would anyone have a quick command to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

5. AIX

Process ids consuming huge resources ?

Hi All what is the command to check process ids , which are running from long time and which are consuming more cpu? Also how to check, what a particular PID is running what For Ex: i have a pid :3223722 which is running since from long time, if i want to check what is this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for to kill the process Ids when restarting the unix server

Hi, I need a script to kill the process Ids for the user ABC. I prepared the following script after that while logging with user therough script i am not sure how to pass the user name and password.Can ou modify the script and help me out. #!/bin/bash for filesize in $(ls -ltr | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps returning more process ids

Please help me with this question I have a tantan.sh under /home/mydir which is a caller to another script "tantan.sh" under /home/anotherdir ----------------------------------------------------------- /home/mydir/tantan.sh ------------------------------------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruincredible
6 Replies

8. AIX

Create a bundle of user ids

if I want to create a bundle of user ids on some aix servers, if there is a way not need to do "passwd username" one by one user to set the password? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search process ids

Hi, I have four tomcat instances named PNK, PNK1, PNK2, PNK3. All are running on the same server. To kill tomcat instance I usually do below for PNK1,PNK2,PNK3 kill -9 `ps -ef|grep tomcat|grep PNK1|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'` But the above command does not work for PNK. Can some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpprasad321
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List out Process ids restarted today

Hi, I need to list out the processes which are started/restarted today in my Solaris box. If not possible need to convert the process uptime in minutes or seconds and compare it with a configurable value to list out those process ids for further processing in my scripting. Can any one guide... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)