Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bold 1 word in a shell script Post 302399862 by Scott on Monday 1st of March 2010 07:38:11 PM
Old 03-01-2010
Handy little link: bourne shell snippets

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bold the word in report

I hv script that will output a txt file report , the report content is as below, I would like the word "No error" is bolded so that this message is highlighted , can advise what can i do ? thx Date : 2002-01-22 Error : No error (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in c shell

Hi, Can someone tell me how to display characters in Bold in C shell?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangi13
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in a file using Shell script

Hi, When I am running below mentioned script then the characters become bold but after opening the same file in Windows, Instead of getting bold characters i am getting some garbage value for \033Kunal Dixit Output in Windows (after ftp the file): but in windows , i am getting My name is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color Underline and Bold letter in shell script

Hi All, This is my first port..... I am using AIX 5L, installed 10g database. On daily basis we takes rman backup. This backup status info strored in a log file. I write a script to know the status of back means I will fire this script and this script will send a mail to me. #!/bin/bash... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcagaurav
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word "description" excluding weird characters like $&lmp and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. I have attached the input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Bold in Shell scripting

I am printing the following and sending it in an email in a bash script. echo "#RESULTS FOR `date +%c`#" >> File1.txt My desired output is to print it in bold: #RESULTS FOR Mon 16 Nov 2015 03:54:20 PM CST# Is there a way I can have it printed in bold which sends output in a mail. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
5 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)