Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Generic Printer giving garbage fonts in Arabic Post 302399508 by filosophizer on Sunday 28th of February 2010 02:57:15 PM
Old 02-28-2010
isn't there any documentation that came with the printer ? drivers etcc ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer fonts

Hi, I have a Barcode printer. It's defined as a remote printer on the system. The /etc/lp/interface/<printer> file is printing has a part that enables Hebrew printing. For some reason the Printer is printing in a very small font. I'll attach the interface file: #!/usr/bin/sh # /* @(#)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Downloading printer fonts on Redhat

I want to have a script that will download a soft font to a printer so that any one may run it when the printer is turned off then on. What would be the easiest way to do that? Linux Redhat. Thank you Smokey (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbn
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arabic characters in QNX4

I want to display Arabic characters in QNX4. This work was been done by a colleague several years ago but he didn't document his work. I installed fonts and I got this display (attached). Please let me know how can correct as per the initial display were working in Arabic (attached). Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbc
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printer status script giving error

Hi, We check the printer status at the command line by giving the following command and the system gives an output; lpstat -prn001_hp4000n When I give the same command in a UNIX script the system gives an error while running the script as "lpstat: not found". Please let me know... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
8 Replies

5. Solaris

arabic setting in solaris

Hi, i have a file which show text on window like, insert into test values('اسيل للخدمات عبر الأثير'); but when i open this file in solaris it don't show like insert into test values('اسيل للخدمات عبر الأثير'); i also want to see the line same as it is on windows kindly help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Arabic package in solaris

Hi, I have searched in all installation cds for arabic packages but couldn't find it. 1. Is there any other way to download arabic package? 2. Does we need to reboot the system after installing package? 3. I don't want to reboot the system so is there any service to restart to make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing Generic Ascii Drivers For Line Matrix Printer

Hi, Does anybody have any idea as to how to setup a printer using a generic ascii driver? We have a Tally T6100 line matrix printer which is on our network and works fine in a Windows environment. We are trying to move this printer to Oracle Linux. I've contacted Tally as well as Printronix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

install arabic lang

hi how to install arabic language and set it as default in hpux. also there is any website provide vm for hpunix for testing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drpix
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Font chinese and arabic

At present we are using one application , in which they are loading some files. the files are some times a mix of chinese and arabic. Is there any way to encode these literals and do the loading. Rgds Rj ---------- Post updated at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:47 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
0 Replies
tsm.lpadmin(1M) 														   tsm.lpadmin(1M)

NAME
tsm.lpadmin - add or remove a printer for use with tsm(1) SYNOPSIS
printer model printer DESCRIPTION
is used to add (or remove) a printer to the LP spooling system when the printer is connected to the system through a terminal running the Terminal Session Manager (see tsm(1)). is a shell script that uses in the normal way but also creates a named pipe to which LP output is directed (see lpadmin(1)). This named pipe is opened by TSM and data flowing from it is sent to the printer through the terminal. Options recognizes the following options: Names a printer to be created with an associated pipe. If is used, must also be specified. Selects a model interface program for printer. model is one of the model interface names supplied with the LP software (see the Models topic in the lpad- min(1)) manual entry. If is used, must also be specified. Removes printer from the LP system. No other options are allowed with Restrictions To use you must be user or AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
lpadmin(1M), tsm(1). tsm.lpadmin(1M)