Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris Post 302399304 by Loic Domaigne on Saturday 27th of February 2010 04:01:13 AM
Old 02-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrupesh74
I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains
Code:
bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h
gcc: Compilation of header file requested

The same command is working fine in Linux
pre-compiled headers have been introduced with gcc v3.4. Pre-compiled header is used to reduce the time to compile programs. But this is just a nice "add-on". Just skip header compilation on Solaris (or for gcc version older than 3.4), and you should be fine.

Cheers,
Loïc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc compilation

how can i do static compilation in gcc my gcc version is # gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/u sr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
3 Replies

2. Programming

compilation error in gcc

Hi, Should be too simple... I wrote a sample c++ program like #include <iostream.h> int main() {$ int ab=455; cout << ab << endl; return 1; } I am getting error like $ gcc u1.cpp Undefined first referenced ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Compilation on SunOs5.7 using gcc 3.3.5

I have the following declaration in file named vx_solaris.h (Path : /usr/share/src/tpkgs/veritas/solaris_sparc/include/sys/fs/vx_solaris.h) typedef (*vx_creatfptr_t)(struct vnode *, char *, struct vattr *, vcexcl_t, int, struct vnode **, vx_cred_t *, int); I include vx_solaris.h in one of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitc
5 Replies

4. Programming

Compilation error on namespaces in system header debug.h

Hi, I'm porting code from Windows to HP-UX 11, compiling with g++. I'm getting a compilation error on the system's debug.h include file, which is included very indirectly through a series of other system include files. The one I am including is <map> . The errors I am getting are:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimon
4 Replies

5. Programming

64-Bit gcc Compilation

Hi All I have a question on the compilation Assume i am working on 64 bit Linux OS. i am making shared objects and libraries required for our project. Can i compile 32 bit libraries using gcc of 64 -bit OS? Or Is there any restriction in the 32-bit or 64-bit compilers when trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc on SPARC 5.9

Hi, I am trying to install gcc on SPARC 5.9 pkgadd -d gcc-3.4.2-sol9-sparc-local i get the below error pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed - open of <gcc-3.4.2-sol9-sparc-local> failed, errno=2 pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Need gcc binary for a SPARC machine

The machine I am trying to compile on does have /usr/sfw/bin and all the files in it, EXCEPT gcc !! This is a SUN Sparc-1 machine, so the binary does matter to match this. Can someone send me a gcc so I can put it locally for compilation purposes? Or point me a a site that has a compiled-ready... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
17 Replies

9. Solaris

Newly Compiled GCC 4.4.4 on Solaris sparc gives problem with -m32/-m64 flags

Hello experts, This issue has kept me busy all day long. It started off with openssl compilation which was giving linking error with following message: /usr/local/bin/ld: target elf32-sparc not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I tried every step possible thing that I could think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_shanke
2 Replies

10. AIX

Gcc compilation problem on AIX 6.1

Hi, I have to compile a program on my server, runs on AIX 6.1. On my test server the compilation is ok (AIX 6.1); but when I try it on production server, I have this gcc prog.c -o prog_out In file included from resmon.c:111: /usr/include/unistd.h:924: error: expected ')' before ' I noticed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnjulius
1 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)