Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting string manipulation Post 302398787 by frans on Thursday 25th of February 2010 02:24:10 PM
Old 02-25-2010
Code:
echo "s,t,r,i,n,g" | tr ',' '\n'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparision in shell scripting

Hi Guys, I am new to scripting I have written a code to compare strings,but I am getting some Exception Code snippet: MODE="D" if ]; then . $file1 fi Error: ./BatchJobs.sh: [[: execute permission denied I have given all Execute permissions to the script(chmod 755... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed string manipulation in shell script

Hello, I have 1000 of sql queries and i need to push column value in query. e.g. SET INSERT_ID=1 INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES ('a'); SET INSERT_ID=2 INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES ('b'); SET INSERT_ID=3 INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES ('c'); SET INSERT_ID=4 INSERT INTO test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting -append a new string

hi all , i am looking for a shell script which looks into a directory of text files and searches for a string(abc123) in all the text files and if that exists add a new line(abc124) in all the *.txt files automatically, or if (abc124) exists add (abc123) can you all please help me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

string manipulation in bash shell

Hi All, I am using a bash shell and want to the following thing. A process sends the following string to my script BACKUP_FAIL_REASON="Failed - Application Dump CDMACA-0:grep: /opt/nortel/ca/data/1245184/sd00/image1/S110907070708HIS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string into integer in shell scripting?

Hi All, sessionid_remote=$(echo "select odb_sessionid from sysopendb where odb_dbname='syscdr';" | sudo -u cucluster ssh ucbu-aricent-vm93 "source /opt/cisco/connection/lib/connection.profile; $INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess sysmaster@ciscounity") for sid in $sessionid_remote;do if * ]];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Date manipulation

Hi Experts, i have date as inputdate=01/01/2013,how to get the previous date from this date and also first day's date of the month. example: inputdate=01/06/2013 previousdate=31/05/2013 firstdate=01/05/2013 how can i get solution to this. my unix is not supporting GNU Dates ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stream manipulation in UNIX shell scripting

i have a file something like this : start: 01:00:00 01:30:00 02:30:00 05:30:00 end: 01:13:00 02:00:00 02:40:00 05:45:00 and i want (end - start) total run time in below format: run: 00:13:00 00:30:00 00:10:00 00:15:00 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acme
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting , need to search and replace a string in AIX

Hi Guys, I need to search and replace a string in AIX using variables and should be case insensitive. I am able to search and replace using below command but its not working as case insensitive. cat abc.txt | sed -e 's/$a/$b/g' > abc.txt But i need to perform this with case... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting?

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting or perl? cat file.txt abc_d123_4567.txt A246_B789.txt B123cc099.txt a123_B234-012.txt a13.txt What can I do here? Many thanks. cat file.txt | sed "s/.txt$//" | ........ 4567 789 099 012 13 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingch
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert String to an Array using shell scripting in JSON file.

This is the sample json I have pasted here. I want all the IP address strings to be converted into an array. For example "10.38.32.202" has to be converted to everywhere in the JSON. There are multiple IPs in a JSON I am pasting one sample object from the JSON. But the IPs already in an Array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinshas1
11 Replies
Regexp::Common::delimited(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Regexp::Common::delimited(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::delimited -- provides a regex for delimited strings SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /delimited/; while (<>) { /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}/ and print 'a " delimited string'; /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'}/ and print 'a / delimited string'; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{delimited}{-delim}{-esc} Returns a pattern that matches a single-character-delimited substring, with optional internal escaping of the delimiter. When "-delim=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is a possible delimiter. There is no default delimiter, so this flag must always be specified. If "-esc=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is the delimiter for the corresponding character in the "-delim=S" list. The default escape is backslash. For example: $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'} # match "a " delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}{-esc=>'"'} # match "a "" delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'} # match /a / delimited string/ $RE{delimited}{-delim=>q{'"}} # match "string" or 'string' Under "-keep" (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the opening delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $3 captures delimited portion of the string (provided only one delimiter was specified) $4 captures the closing delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $RE{quoted}{-esc} A synonym for $RE{delimited}{q{-delim='"`}{...}} SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::delimited(3)