Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL - Selecting specific files based on 'date stamp' values Post 302398673 by ganapati on Thursday 25th of February 2010 08:40:21 AM
Old 02-25-2010
Thanks for your quick reply ahmad diab. Smilie

But, files selecting start and end dates are commandline parameters to the programme.

Code:
my $startdate  = $ARGV[0];
my $enddate  = $ARGV[1];

my @files = </test/ganap/abc_*.csv>; #current approach, which is wrong.
foreach my $inputfilename (@files) {
   open( my $in_fh, "<", $inputfilename ) or die "Can't open $inputfilename : $!";
#.......................... file processing
}
close($in_fh);

So, I need help to modify my script Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Zip the files from date Stamp to end date Stamp

Hi, I need to zip the list of files using from date Stamp to end date Stamp, How can I filter and make FromDate_EndDate.gzip? any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to delete the files based on the time stamp of the file

Hi Everyone, I want to delete some files in a path based on the time stamp of the file that is i want to delete the file once in a month. Can any one help me on this? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for files based on the time stamp

Hi All, I know the timestamp of a file. Now i would like to list all the files in the with the same time stamp in the same file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. sunny (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_03
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Files Based on Datetime Stamp

I have a Unix directory, let's call it /home/id for example purposes. It contains the following files: oldfile.txt.20091101, oldfile.txt.20091102, oldfile.txt.20091103, etc. I am trying to create a Korn Shell script that will go to /home/id and delete any oldfile.txt that has a datetime stamp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijmoore
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

6. Programming

selecting values of date

In a table, date is stored in a column as "2011-01-4". If I write query to get the dates > "2011-01-06" , then the date "2011-01-4" is also listed. The date stored in the column is a varchar datatype. So how can I make a query to not display the date "2011-01-4" ? Is there any solution ? Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files based on one column with different and similar values (shell or perl)

Hi, I have nine files looking similar to file1 & file2 below. File1: 1 ABCA1 1 ABCC8 1 ABR:N 1 ACACB 1 ACAP2 1 ACOT1 1 ACSBG 1 ACTR1 1 ACTRT 1 ADAMT 1 AEN:N 1 AKAP1File2: 1 A4GAL 1 ACTBL 1 ACTL7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seqbiologist
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting lowest and highest values in columns 1 and 2, based on subsets in column 3

Hi, I have a file with the following columns: 361459 447394 CHL1 290282 290282 CHL1 361459 447394 CHL1 361459 447394 CHL1 178352861 178363529 AGA 178352861 178363529 AGA 178363657 178363657 AGA Essentially, using CHL1 as an example. For any line that has CHL1 in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomly selecting sequences and generating specific output files

I have two files containing hundreds of different sequences with the same Identifiers (ID-001, ID-002, etc.,), something like this: Infile1: ID-001 ATGGGAGCGGGGGCGTCTGCCTTGAGGGGAGAGAAGCTAGATACA ID-002 ATGGGAGCGGGGGCGTCTGTTTTGAGGGGAGAGAAGCTAGATACA ID-003... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Script to append date and time stamp

Help with Perl script : I have a web.xml file with a line <display-name>some_text_here</display-name> Need to append the current date and time stamp to the string and save the XML file Something like <display-name>some_text_here._01_23_2014_03_56_33</display-name> -->Finally want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
5 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)											       PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_type - set the time stamp type to be used by a capture device SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_type(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_type); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_type() sets the the type of time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_type. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). pcap_list_tstamp_types() will give a list of the time stamp types supported by a given capture device. See pcap-tstamp(7) for a list of all the time stamp types. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp type is expected to be supported by the capture device, PCAP_WARN- ING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the specified time stamp type is not supported by the capture device, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated, and PCAP_ERROR_CANTSET_TSTAMP_TYPE if the capture device doesn't support setting the time stamp type. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_list_tstamp_types(3PCAP), pcap_tstamp_type_name_to_val(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 21 August 2010 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)