Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare two strings using if Post 302397918 by bhargav20 on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 09:36:49 AM
Old 02-23-2010
I have tried this option as well still am getting the else echo "Outside if "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare two strings

hi all, i am new to unix. Actually i need to compare two string and print the result... suppose type='sun' if; then echo good morning else echo good night fi whether the comparison is right r we need to use eq???? help me please.... :confused: thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two strings

Hi all, I am trying to compare two strings/dates, but its throwing error::Syntax error at line 5: Please help !! Any alternate way to compare two dates is also fine.... logdate1=`date -u '+%Y.%m.%d %T'` sleep 5 logdate2=`date -u '+%Y.%m.%d %T'` if test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare text strings.

Hi Im trying to write a script that compare a text string. But it fails, I think it adds a extra line feed to the result and fails beacuse of that. The script. DT=`date +'%Y%m%d%H%M%S'` #ALARM_BIN=/users/alarms/ssa/alarms/bin QUEUE_THR=10 #unset offset #offset="***Server reports data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compare 2 Strings ?

Hello , I want to Compare with 2 strings and get if they are True or not please would like some help on this #!bin/ksh echo "Enter Name 1" read Name1 echo "Enter Name 2" read Name2 echo "------------------------" echo "First Name: $Name1" echo "Second Name: $Name2" echo... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
25 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two strings

hi.. i have a problem to compare two string my code is like that if ] then echo "both data are correct" elif ] echo "data is wrong" fi here $username1 is taking value from file.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two strings in a file

hello guyzz please help me out.. I have two file a.sh and b.sh it contains two string SD109 ,SD108 . I want to compaere these two string . If a.sh>b.sh do rebasing record time. else it shows no rebasing required. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijtr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings with space in if statement

DEV> vi test_if_statement.sh "test_if_statement.sh" 9 lines, 205 characters proc_out="Normal completion" proc_out_comp="Normal completion" echo 'proc_out:'$proc_out echo 'proc_out_comp:'$proc_out_comp if then echo 'match' else echo 'no_match' fi ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 Strings

I have 2 values V_1_4_4_b1 and V_1_5_1_RC_b1. I would need to compare them and determine if the 1st value is greater, less or equal than the 2nd value. The result should need to have a return value. I have below code in bash function but it seems it is not comparing it correctly. Any help will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to compare two strings

Hi, I am trying to do the following to see if "ip" is already present in a file. if ; then echo "hi" else echo "hello" fi I am seeing errors on the if statement. Can someone please correct the syntax for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waince
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Compare 2 strings

I think there is a way to detect mouse movement. valuator changes if the mouse moves. So I need to compare the two strings. Not sure how to do that. How could I send the valuator string to a file ? I would need to do it twice. andy@7_~/Downloads$ xinput query-state 9 2 classes :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
7 Replies
MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)													       MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)

mssql_field_seek - Seeks to the specified field offset

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_field_seek (resource $result, int $field_offset) DESCRIPTION
Seeks to the specified field offset. If the next call to mssql_fetch_field(3) won't include a field offset, this field would be returned. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The field offset, starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using mssql_field_seek(3) on the example for mssql_fetch_field(3) <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information, notice the // field_offset parameter is not set. See // the mssql_field_seek call below $field = mssql_fetch_field($query); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; // Move the internal seek pointer to the next // row in the result set mssql_field_seek($query, $i + 1); } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_fetch_field(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)