Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer Post 302397882 by wbdevilliers on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 08:11:50 AM
Old 02-23-2010
Found the fix...

Code:

vi /etc/sysconfig/vncservers

Comment out or remove "depth=16"

My working config file looks like this:

Code:
VNCSERVERS="1:root 2:user"
 VNCSERVERARGS[1]="-geometry 800x600 "
 VNCSERVERARGS[2]="-geometry 800x600 "

Restart vncserver service

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris remote console

Hi all, Is there a quick and easy way to setup remote console of solaris machine please? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stancwong
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to increase size of the console screen buffer ?

Its difficult to explain what I am exactly looking for, so let me try with an example.. Suppose my program prints out thousands lines. But once my program ends.. I am not able to scroll up and see all the 1000 lines. The size of the screen buffer is obviously limited. Is there anyway I can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
5 Replies

3. Linux

VNC Server, brings up really basic Xwindows

I am running Startcom linux ES5 . When i bring up the VNC server and login to the machine running a vnc client , I only get the real basic x-windows session and a term window. how can i get it to bring up the real linux desktop on all sessions? Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote system console

Hi, when I run the rsc comms the rsclogin, I type the loginname and the password, the rscpromt is coming, I type console and nothing is gone. What's wrong? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Linux console

Dear All, I have some Linux Servers in Data Center. I can access those servers through Telent or Putty. But If i want to work on the console I cannot do that. How to configure Console access for my Linux Server , So that I can work on the Console if it goes in to Single User mode. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xterm console windows at X,Y position

Hi all I want run Xterm and set it windows to a specific position ( inside Gnome display ) : may be I want run Xterm and set it at the low-right corner of screen... I know "geometry" parameter for windows size but for position is there something ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerold
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Blank Screen after logoff server via vnc Viewer.

Hello All, I have installed VNC Server on Ubuntu system to access this system from windows machine i'm using VNC Viewer. When i logged off the server from windows machine through VNC Viewer its showing blank screen only... Kindly help. Regards, Purushottam Aher (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

When connecting to HPUX gui console it is grey screen?

My screen is grey when i connect to gui console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)