Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk search pattern with special characters passed from CL Post 302397537 by anbu23 on Monday 22nd of February 2010 12:58:28 PM
Old 02-22-2010
If the input has quotes the
Code:
echo '/tmp/tmp"121/' | awk -v x='/tmp/tmp"' ' $0 ~ x '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search special characters in a file

Hello I am new to shell scripting and can anyone tell me how to check if there are any special characters in a file. Can i use grep ? thanks susie (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cramya80
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to search for filenames that contain special characters

Hello, I have a requirement to search a directory, which contains any number of other directories for file names that contain special characters. directory structure DIR__ |__>DIR1 |__>DIR2__ |__>DIR2.1 |__>DIR2.2 |__>DIR3 .. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK - seach pattern for special characters - } dbl qt - sng qt

i'm puzzled.... trying to look for the pattern }"'. but the below code returns to me the message below (pattern is curley queue + dbl qt + sng qt + period) nawk -v pat="\}\"\'\."' { if (match($0, pat)) { before = substr($0,1,RSTART-1); ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
11 Replies

4. AIX

Removing a filename which has special characters passed from a pipe with xargs

Hi, On AIX 5200-07-00 I have a find command as following to delete files from a certain location that are more than 7 days old. I am being told that I cannot use -exec option to delete files from these directories. Having said that I am more curious to know how this can be done. an sample... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete pattern with special characters

Hi all, I have the following lines <b>A gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) <b>B gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) <b>J gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) and I would like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED equivalent for grep -w -f with pattern having special characters

I'm looking for SED equivalent for grep -w -f. All I want is to search a list of patterns from a file. Also If the pattern doesn't match I do not want "null returned", rather I would prefer some text as place holder say "BLANK LINE" as I intend to process the output file based on line number. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice_man
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk : pattern selection based on special characters

Hello All, I am here again scratching my head on pattern selection with special characters. I have a large file having around 200 entries and i have to select a single line based on a pattern. I am able to do that: Code: cat mytest.txt | awk -F: '/myregex/ { print $2}' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search avoiding special characters

Hi all, I have a list which I want to search in another file. I can do that using grep -f but the search is failing due to special characters, how do I solve this? One row in that list is amino-acid permease inda1 gb|EDU41782.1| amino-acid permease inda1 Input file to be searched... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gina.lizar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search special characters in a file and replace with meaningful text messages like Hello

Search special characters in a file and replace with meaningful text messages like Hello (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raka_rjit
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace Pattern with another that has Special Characters

Hello Team, Any help would be much appreciated for the below scenario: I have a sed command below where I am trying to replace the contents of 'old_pkey' variable with 'new_pkey' variable in a Soap request file (delete_request.txt). This works fine for regular string values, but this new_pkey... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
8 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)