Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Problems with batch files for Cygwin/rxvt Post 302397334 by SilversleevesX on Sunday 21st of February 2010 10:41:17 PM
Old 02-21-2010
Worked out a solution...

...between the Cygwin mailing list and its archive on nabble.com.

See attached.

BZT

Last edited by SilversleevesX; 02-21-2010 at 11:53 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

"Striping" the background of an Rxvt/Urxvt window in Cygwin

To get this: https://www.unix.com/members/silversleevesx-albums-incidental-shot-glass-picture127-termshot-rxvt-rootless.png out of Cygwin's rxvt, you have to tweak your /cygwin/etc/x11/app-defaults/rxvt file, which is here:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with simple script in cygwin

Hello! I have somo problems with simple scripts like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter your name and press : " read var_name echo "Your name is: $var_name" When I try to run it, this error occurs: ':not a valid identifier var_name. Why?? (I work in cygiwin) Is there anybody out... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch Renaming of Files

Hello all, thanks for your time (and this forum, what an awesome resource for newbs like myself!) Anyways, I've been given the task of importing content from a directory of about...7000 HTML files. They are all named appropriately and broken down by name depending on what book they belong too.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gratefulhokie
8 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

rxvt: backgroundPixmap upside down

Anyone have any advice? I've tried just about every option, tweak, re-phrase in the man page, FAQ, and such, but there doesn't seem to be any information about what to do when your AfterImage-enabled RXVT displays its background image (xbm format converted from PNG by ImageMagick v6.-something)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im having cygwin problems on windooze 64

I have installed ruby with cygwin according to these inst: w w w .sproutcore.com/install_win/#tab=advanced-install but at the last command: gem install sproutcore I'm getting a bunch of errors: $ gem install sproutcore Fetching: rack-1.3.2.gem (100%) Fetching:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sssssssssssslep
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to exclude .NFSxxx files in clear old files batch script

I am new to Shell Scripting and need some help. The following batch job has been failing for me due to the .nfsxxx files in use. I need to know how to modify the following script to exclude the .nfsxxx files so this batch job will not fail on me. I have done lots of googling and keep coming back... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimberlyg2007
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing files in batch

hai, I have a list of files having extension .sy in a folder. I want to find such files and print the first two columns of the files to new extension .tmp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using BATCH to call a BASH script on CygWin

I am trying to use a batch file to automatically execute a bash script with no luck this far. The batch script looks like this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash test.sh I have also tried this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash "C:\Cygwin64\bin\test.sh" Needless to say that the windows box has Cygwin... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies
elf_rand(3E)															      elf_rand(3E)

NAME
elf_rand - random archive member access SYNOPSIS
[flag... ] file... [library] ... DESCRIPTION
and manipulate simple object files and archives. elf is an ELF descriptor previously returned from provides random archive processing, preparing elf to access an arbitrary archive member. elf must be a descriptor for the archive itself, not a member within the archive. offset gives the byte offset from the beginning of the archive to the archive header of the desired mem- ber. See elf_getarsym(3E) for more information about archive member offsets. When works, it returns offset. Otherwise it returns 0, because an error occurred, elf was null, or the file was not an archive (no archive member can have a zero offset). A program may mix ran- dom and sequential archive processing. EXAMPLES
An archive starts with a ``magic string'' that has bytes; the initial archive member follows immediately. An application could thus pro- vide the following function to rewind an archive (the function returns -1 for errors and 0 otherwise). #include <ar.h> #include <libelf.h> int rewindelf(Elf *elf) { if (elf_rand(elf, (size_t)SARMAG) == SARMAG) return 0; return -1; } SEE ALSO
ar(4), elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_getarsym(3E), elf_next(3E). elf_rand(3E)