Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Zip an excel file and email using script. Post 302396956 by Scott on Saturday 20th of February 2010 01:06:16 AM
Old 02-20-2010
I normally use something like:

Code:
cat << ! | mailx ......
Message body goes here
$(gzip -c ASC.xls | uuencode ASC.xls.gz)
!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zip and email a file

I am trying to zip and email a .csv file from my unix box to myself and I get corrupt file. I have used the gzip to zip the file and I am using Winzip to try to unzip it. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Should I be using the zip command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spalmarez
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on email data file as excel from unix!!

Hi, I need to email a data in excel sheet from unix using shell scripting.I could able to generate the data file with tab delimiter with extension .xls could able to email it. The problem is when a coulmn with 16 digit number is exported, it is showing in scientific format. Any help in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

zip and email files

Hi, New to Unix and trying to do something - I am trying to zip bunch of file and email - /sbin/sh If i use mail then I can not specify subject - uuencode file.zip file.zip | mail -s "testfile" mailadd@group.com Error is - mail: illegal option -- s If i use mailx then I can specify... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhush782003
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip an excel in a shell script

I am getting an xls file in the dir errorpath. I would like to zip it. Kindly help me on this. The code is as below. sqllst=$errorpath/$run_pgm.${date_stamp}".xls" sqlstatus=$errorpath/$run_pgm"."${date_stamp}".sqlstatus" sqlscript=$binpath"/im_rpt.sql" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to zip 2 GB file and send it via email

i want to zip the 2GB file and send it via email from unix machine using uuencode. could you please suggest whether it will possible or not and also command to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to split the excel file into 3 files randaonly and zip them?

Hi , I have one excel file in zipped format which contains data with size 157 MB. It's original size is 2.6 GB so to send to user I zipped the file. Now user is saying unable to open the file at once because of huge size and want to split the excel file into 3 files randaonly and zip them.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check Error File attach and email zip file

I need something to say if these two file extensions exist in this directory *err and *rpt zip up these files into one zip file and email them to me. If they don't exist wait 2 hours and check again.... Not sure how to determine if I need to do an if then statement or a while true or a for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)