Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Turbo C
Top Forums Programming Turbo C Post 302396855 by Franklin52 on Friday 19th of February 2010 12:59:53 PM
Old 02-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Turbo C is a C compiler for DOS that hasn't been extant for about 20 years. It's very out of date, missing quite a lot of headers that code these days demands, has others renamed to things you'd never guess, can only compile 16-bit code, is highly quirky, and really isn't good anything but DOS development. It has to run under DOS emulation to work at all in modern Windows, let alone any UNIX. About all I appreciate in it these days are the help files:

As such any C tutorials I find for you are unlikely to apply to the old, strange dialect of the C standards Turbo C understands. It may be a free release now, but there's better free compilers than this. What is your system?
Wow, nostalgia pics Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How can i get start both sco unix and turbo linux?

I think and believe that i could start both the two OS from HardDisk until i installed Turbo Linux after the SCO unix . If I do anything ,Ican only start Turbo,but if i run "fdisk /mbr",the SCO unix can normally start,but the Turbo Linux could not start with unless you insert the bootdisket,which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sensir163
4 Replies

2. Linux

Equivalent function of [ kbhit() ] In TURBO C

ANy one knows equivalent function of which in Turbo C. I want to Execute Certain loop until any key is pressed. i.e while(!kbhit) { ---------- ---------- } This code work fine in DOS but NOt in LINUX i try to use but not getting the expected result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Running Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programmes.

Hi. i am new to Linux. i have a Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programme on CD that I want to install and run. I keep getting the message I do not have an auto-run programme. Do I need to install specific drivers for this? What programme do I need? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alfred Kruger
1 Replies
img-ico(n)																img-ico(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
img-ico - Img, Windows Icon Format (ico) SYNOPSIS
package require Tk package require img::ico ?1.4? image create photo ?name? ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package img::ico is a sub-package of Img. It can be loaded as a part of the complete Img support, via package require Img, or on its own, via package require img::ico. Like all packages of Img it does not provide new commands, but extends the existing Tk command image so that it supports files containing raster images in the Windows Icon Format (ico). More specifically img::ico extends Tk's photo image type. The name of the new format handler is ico. This handler provides new additional configuration options. See section ICO OPTIONS for more detailed explanations. All of the above means that in a call like image create photo ?name? ?options? [1] Image data in ico format (options -data and -file) is detected automatically. [2] The format name ico is recognized by the option -format. In addition the value for the option is treated as list and may contain any of the special options listed in section ICO OPTIONS. SUPPORTED ICO TYPES
1-bit pixels: Black and White. 4-bit pixels: Grayscale or indexed. 8-bit pixels: True-color (RGB, each channel 8 bit). List of currently supported features: Type | Read | Write | | -file | -data | -file | -data | ---------------------------------------- 1-bit | Yes | Yes | No | No | 4-bit | Yes | Yes | No | No | 8-bit | Yes | Yes | Yes | Yes | ICO OPTIONS
The handler provides the following options: -verbose bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to true, additional information about the loaded/stored image is printed to stdout. Default is false. -index n This option is supported for reading only. Read the n'th image. The first image is at index 0. Default is 0. SEE ALSO
img-bmp, img-dted, img-gif, img-ico, img-intro, img-jpeg, img-pcx, img-pixmap, img-png, img-ppm, img-ps, img-raw, img-sgi, img-sun, img- tga, img-tiff, img-window, img-xbm, img-xpm KEYWORDS
ico, image handling, tk COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Jan Nijtmans <nijtmans@users.sourceforge.net> Img 1.4 img-ico(n)