Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition Post 302396266 by jlliagre on Thursday 18th of February 2010 05:05:29 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Code:
case $string in 
(test*)
 echo "starts with test";;
(*test)
  echo "ends with test";;
(*test*)
  echo "contains test";;
(*)
  echo "doesn't match";;
esac

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afroze
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash condition test at the end of string

I want to check (using bash condition test function) if string contains three spaces, ignoring last three spaces at the end of string. string_to_report='foo bar foo bar ' string_to_ignore='foo bar ' (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
8 Replies
PROSLICERL(1)						    Voicetronix Telephony Tools 					     PROSLICERL(1)

NAME
proslicerl - Measure the echo-return loss on Voicetronix FXS telephony modules SYNOPSIS
proslicerl [options] DESCRIPTION
The proslicerl utility tests the echo-return from a handset connected to a Voicetronix FXS module, such as those used on the OpenPCI range of cards. It can scan all available impedance values to find the best match for a particular handset. When running this test the handset must be off-hook and should have the microphone well muted for the duration of the test. A series of tones will be played down the line to determine the ERL in several parts of the audio spectrum. You should avoid creating any other noise on the line while this test is running, or the results may be skewed. If no --impedance is specified, and the --scan option is not used, then the default impedance value (based on the port's country selection) will be used. OPTIONS
The following options are available: --help, -? Show summary of options. --card number Explicitly select the card to test. Default is card 0. --port number Explicitly select the port to test. Default is port 0 of the card being tested. --impedance number Test a particular impedance setting [0 - 7]. --scan Test all available impedances. --playgain db Set the hardware play gain. Values may range from -12.0 to 12.0. --recgain db Set the hardware record gain. Values may range from -12.0 to 12.0. SEE ALSO
vdaaerl(1) AUTHOR
Ron Lee, Peter Wintulich, David Rowe, Voicetronix <support@voicetronix.com.au> This manual page was written by Ron <ron@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). VPB driver package Oct 11, 2007 PROSLICERL(1)