Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i'm new to shell can handle this script for me plz Post 302396203 by frans on Thursday 18th of February 2010 03:04:49 AM
Old 02-18-2010
simpler :
Code:
echo "My name is $0"
echo "There were $# parameters"
echo "The last is ${!#}"
echo "The first is $1"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out 2 last modified files in a folder..PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!

hi all, I need to find out the last 2 modified files in a folder.There is some way by which,we can check the timestamp and find out..??please help this is urgent. Thanks in Advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me by creating required shell script

Dear all I am new to shell script. And this is my first post to this site as well as this forum. I would like to tell this forum that I require shell script, which is regarding transfers of files from a specific directory in a server A to server B on a specific directory through sftp command.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to call other files..plz help

Hi all, I have a number of shell script,perl script.. etc in a directory,which i need to execute in some order.Now i need to create a script to call all these files in that order..so that the new script will execute all the files one by one....plz help this is urgent. Thanks In advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz correct my syntax of shell script

Dear all I am still bit new in shell script area.I am writing down a shell script which I guess somewhere wrong so please kindly correct it. I would be greatful for that. What I actually want from this shell script is that it will move all the files one by one to another server which can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script Help Plz

####################################################################### # #This script will perform the menu such as : list file, change catalog, #file check, # #This script was written in UNIX Shell Programming Language #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Handle Quarterly Backup.

Hi I'm not to shell script and I'm trying to write a simple shell code to do the following. Shell script should be run in March, June, Sept, & Dec respectively to back up files last modified in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. I've have the following code. #!/bin/csh set v1 = `date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magshabib@gmail
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle case insensitive in shell scripting

Hi All, I am new to this forum also new to shell scripting. I have a requirement to read a text from a file which can be in any case like LOGFILE or LogFile or logfile or lOgfILE etc.. Can you guys help me out. Thanks, Bacsi01 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bacsi01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help normal doubt abt shell script

How to print a only files and not directories in a path. for exam :a user consists both files and directoris in his path. i have to write a script to display only files not dirctories. and only dirctories not files. Advance thanks to forum members.:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in shell script while returning values-- urgent issue plz help.

Hi, I have initailized a varaible EBID as typeset Long EBID=0 i am calculating value of EBID using certian formula as below: (( CURR_EBID= ($BANDINDEX << 27) | ($CURR_FREQ << 16) | ($CURR_CELLID << 4) | $CURR_SECTOR_VALUE )) return $CURR_EBID The output is as below: + (( CURR_EBID=... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasanur
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to handle commas inside the data when generating a csv file from shell script?

I am extracting data via sql query and some of the data has commas. Output File must be csv and I cannot update the data in the db (as it is used by other application). Example table FavoriteThings Person VARCHAR2(25), Favorite VARCHAR2(100) Sample Data Greta rain drop on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patk625
12 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)