Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending a file to 24 Server locations parallely Post 302396017 by vsmeruga on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 01:05:48 PM
Old 02-17-2010
Hi Jit,

I am very sorry. I am really not so good in understanding unix part. I could not understand what you are suggesting.

Please can you be more clear in your comments.

Thanks,
Vijaya Meruga.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sending file from server to client

hi dear i m very new to socket programing . i need the source code which sends file from server to client . i mean both server n client programe which sends file . can u do this for me please my email id is email id removed regards bilal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal
1 Replies

2. Solaris

file locations...

Hi Guys, There was a post that I saw here a while ago regarding file system layout and what to put where, which I am unable to find now.. A user here posted a man page that list what each partition should have in it and what it is used for and were you should install custom packages. ie:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tornado
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing 2 or more files inside another file parallely

hi All, i have 3 files file1 file2 file3 these 3 files are shell (KSH) scripts. i want to place all these 3 shell scripts in another file file99 and execute these files simultaneoulsy inside the file99 these 3 files should be present and executed simultaneously when i excute file99 (nohup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dareman123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sending a file to a server

Dear Experts, please help i am very much confused here and not getting the right path, actually i want to send a file from client to a server, initially i used mmap() which is failing most of the time so i want to use general IO streams to do that, i can open a file in "rb" mode and read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and sending file to server

Hi, I am trying to write some test code for bigger project where my perl script will send file over to server. This is the current SERVER and CLIENT code I have so far. When I type "hi" from client I get hello back from server and like wise I send send command I get respond back the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert Delimiter at fixed locations in a flat file

Hi Can somebody help me with solution for this PLEASE? I have a flat file and need to insert delimiters at fixed positions in all the lines so that I can easily convert into EXCEL with columns defined as per their width. For Example Here is the file { kkjhdhal sdfewss sdtereetyw... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting commas into file at set locations...

Hey everyone. What would be the best method to insert commas (or comma-quotes) into a file at set locations. Every line in the file looks like this: 1234567890123456 123456BIGAUDIODYNAMITE33 123.12 123456 12345678901234MARK E WILLIAMS 123456 The comma's should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit locations in a file

Hi , I have a file which looks like this source1 LEN predictive 392879 394347 0.955489 + . Name=sa000003.1;ID=sa000003;Alias=sa121751.1; source1 LEN descriptive_1 391082 392878 . . . Parent=sa000003.1;supp_id=.1805.1; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
3 Replies

10. Web Development

Sending file to WebDav Server

Hi All, I am using a webdav server host name : abc.xyz.com.ak username : user123 password : password123 port : 80 I need to send files stored in my windows system to the server, any idea how to do it. I dont know how to create a url in linux for webdav server using details. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakhar_dubey
2 Replies
CURSES_CLEAR(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   CURSES_CLEAR(3)

NAME
curses_clear, clear, wclear, clearok, clrtobot, clrtoeol, erase, werase, wclrtobot, wclrtoeol -- curses clear window routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int clear(void); int clearok(WINDOW *win, bool flag); int clrtobot(void); int clrtoeol(void); int erase(void); int wclear(WINDOW *win); int werase(WINDOW *win); int wclrtobot(WINDOW *win); int wclrtoeol(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
These functions clear all or part of stdscr or of the specified window. The clear() and erase() functions erase all characters on stdscr. wclear() and werase() perform the same function as clear() and erase(), respectively, excepting that the specified window is cleared. By setting flag to TRUE, the clearok() function is used to force the next call to wrefresh() to clear and completely redraw the window given in win. The function clrtobot() will clear stdscr from the current row to the bottom of the screen. clrtoeol() will clear stdscr from the current column position to the end of the line. wclrtobot() and wclrtoeol() are the same as clrtobot() and clrtoeol(), respectively, excepting the window specified is operated on instead of stdscr. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. SEE ALSO
curses_refresh(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
The Curses package appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
August 12, 2002 BSD