Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing Cluster Members
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Comparing Cluster Members Post 302395761 by pludi on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 01:15:41 AM
Old 02-17-2010
2 things that come to mind:
  • md5sum and diff, both via SSH. If the checksum doesn't match, compare the files using diff.
  • CVS or Subversion as a central configuration repository. The valid configuration is fetched from there automatically at certain intervals, overwriting any local configuration drift.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Members only forum

The Members Only Forum sub-heading has a spelling mistake. It should read visible. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

4. Linux

members in a group

Hi all, I am new to Linux.Can anyone tell me how to display or list all the members in a group? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Thank you members and admins

Got a raise and a formal position of 'unix system engineer' in 2016. I would like to thank you members and admins. This would not be possible without you. I will mention some.. Thank you Don, for making me learn and understand the importance of standards, which i try to apply as much as i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peasant
3 Replies
GIT-DIFFTOOL(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-DIFFTOOL(1)

NAME
git-difftool - Show changes using common diff tools SYNOPSIS
git difftool [<options>] [<commit> [<commit>]] [--] [<path>...] DESCRIPTION
git difftool is a git command that allows you to compare and edit files between revisions using common diff tools. git difftool is a frontend to git diff and accepts the same options and arguments. See git-diff(1). OPTIONS
-y, --no-prompt Do not prompt before launching a diff tool. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the diff tool. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. -t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the diff tool specified by <tool>. Valid diff tools are: araxis, bc3, deltawalker, diffuse, emerge, ecmerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, kompare, meld, opendiff, p4merge, tkdiff, vimdiff and xxdiff. If a diff tool is not specified, git difftool will use the configuration variable diff.tool. If the configuration variable diff.tool is not set, git difftool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable difftool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting difftool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git difftool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known diff tools, git difftool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable difftool.<tool>.cmd. When git difftool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the diff.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with the following variables available: $LOCAL is set to the name of the temporary file containing the contents of the diff pre-image and $REMOTE is set to the name of the temporary file containing the contents of the diff post-image. $MERGED is the name of the file which is being compared. $BASE is provided for compatibility with custom merge tool commands and has the same value as $MERGED. -x <command>, --extcmd=<command> Specify a custom command for viewing diffs. git-difftool ignores the configured defaults and runs $command $LOCAL $REMOTE when this option is specified. Additionally, $BASE is set in the environment. -g, --gui When git-difftool is invoked with the -g or --gui option the default diff tool will be read from the configured diff.guitool variable instead of diff.tool. See git-diff(1) for the full list of supported options. CONFIG VARIABLES
git difftool falls back to git mergetool config variables when the difftool equivalents have not been defined. diff.tool The default diff tool to use. diff.guitool The default diff tool to use when --gui is specified. difftool.<tool>.path Override the path for the given tool. This is useful in case your tool is not in the PATH. difftool.<tool>.cmd Specify the command to invoke the specified diff tool. See the --tool=<tool> option above for more details. difftool.prompt Prompt before each invocation of the diff tool. SEE ALSO
git-diff(1) Show changes between commits, commit and working tree, etc git-mergetool(1) Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts git-config(1) Get and set repository or global options GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-DIFFTOOL(1)