Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read n number of lines from a file Post 302395453 by panyam on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 06:21:33 AM
Old 02-16-2010
Something like this:

Code:

awk -v max=0 'max < $2 { max=$2 ;row=$0 ;next } END { print "max=" max "\n" row }' input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read and separate number and words in file and store to two new file using shell

hi, I am a begginer in unix and i want to know how to open a file and read it and separate the numbers & words and storing it in separate files, Using shell scripting. Please help me out for this. Regards S.Kamakshi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a number from file and place it back

Hi All, I want to read one number from the file. Only one number will be there in the file. then i have to increment the number in my script and put it back in the same file. Is it possible? Can anybody help me? Thanks, Vinay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the specified line number from file

Hi Guys, I am new to unix. Actually i want help in writing an single command where i can actually read specific line number in file where the line number will be passed to command as parameter. ex. 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d And to my command i pass as 2. so i should get output as 2 b ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number lines of file and assign variable to each number

I have a file with a list of config files numbered on the lefthand side 1-300. I need to have bash read each lines number and assign it to a variable so it can be chosen by the user called by the script later. Ex. 1 some data 2 something else 3 more stuff which number do you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read directory files and count number of lines

Hello, I'm trying to create a BASH file that can read all the files in my working directory and tell me how many words and lines are in that file. I wrote the following code: FILES="*" for f in "$FILES" do echo -e `wc -l -w $f` done My issue is that my file is outputting in one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read contents of a file from a given line number upto line number again specified by user

Hello Everyone. I am trying to display contains of a file from a specific line to a specific line(let say, from line number 3 to line number 5). For this I got the shell script as shown below: if ; then if ; then tail +$1 $3 | head -n $2 else ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line with particular number of lines

Hi all, I have a file sample.txt abc asd adf daf adw add adv wdf I want to control the number of lines to read Like if i give input as ./script_name 2 5 required output asd adf daf (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a number from a file?

hello guys, I'm struggled to get a number from a very long text file. NAtoms= 33 NActive= 30 NUniq= 23 SFac= 1.00D+00 NAtFMM= 60 NAOKFM=F Big=F Integral buffers will be 131072 words long. Raffenetti 2 integral format. The number 33 is what I wanted, always follows NAtoms=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file starting at certain line number?

I am new to ksh scripts. I would like to be able to read a file line by line from a certain line number. I have a specific line number saved in a variable, say $lineNumber. How can I start reading the file from the line number saved in $lineNumber? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcowboys13
4 Replies
mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				  mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S8C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S16C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S32C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_F32C, mlib_VectorMaximumMag_D64C - find the first element with the maximum magnitude in a vector SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(mlib_u8 *max, const mlib_u8 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S8C(mlib_s8 *max, const mlib_s8 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S16C(mlib_s16 *max, const mlib_s16 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_S32C(mlib_s32 *max, const mlib_s32 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_F32C(mlib_f32 *max, const mlib_f32 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMaximumMag_D64C(mlib_d64 *max, const mlib_d64 *x, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions finds the first element with the maximum magnitude in a complex vector, then puts the real and imaginary parts of it into max[0] and max[1], respectively. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: max Pointer to the first element with the maximum magnitude. x Pointer to the first element of the source vector. n Number of elements in the source vector. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VectorMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB), mlib_MatrixMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB), mlib_MatrixMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB)