Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program Bash VERY URGENT
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Program Bash VERY URGENT Post 302394896 by Neo on Saturday 13th of February 2010 09:19:49 AM
Old 02-13-2010
Everyone at the UNIX and Linux Forums gives their best effort to reply to all questions in a timely manner. For this reason, posting questions with subjects like "Urgent!" or "Emergency" and demanding a fast reply are not permitted in the regular forums.

For members who want a higher visibility to their questions, we suggest you post in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum. This forum is given a higher priority than our regular forums.

Posting a new question in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum requires forum Bits. We monitor this forum to help people with emergencies, but we do not not guarantee response time or best answers. However, we will treat your post with a higher priority and give our best efforts to help you.

If you have posted a question in the regular forum with a subject "Urgent" "Emergency" or similar idea, we will, more-than-likely, close your thread and post this reply, redirecting you to the proper forum.

Of course, you can always post a descriptive subject text, remove words like "Urgent" etc. (from your subject and post) and post in the regular forums at any time.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert bash to sh URGENT :(

Hi, I have to write a program to compare 2 files for copying. the program is ran on Solaris 5.8 like this: script.sh file1.txt file2.txt I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Jones
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very Urgent help required in Shell Program

How do I Ftp, and rename multiple files in one unix script. I have to send it with .tmp extension , then rename it to .txt after FTP is done . I need to do a Mass rename of more than 1 file in a shell script , Urgent help required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suppandi
1 Replies

4. AIX

URGENT:Program is not dropping core on customer AIX Machine

hi We have a program which is running on cutomer end,and when its crashing its not dropping core, we asked them to check ulimit,they say that its unlimited. Even when they crash the program manually by using command kill -ABRT <pid> its not dropping the core,on our end when we use same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan_069
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent!! Bash - problem using CD with variable

I am extracting directory path from file which is stored in a variable. while read inputline do script_name=`echo $inputline | cut -d' ' -f2` cd $script_name done < path_scripts.txt where as path_scripts contains input_process.bash ~/jobs/process/input/bin The script output says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacksam007
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Urgent---Program for getting Exception from a log

Hi Friends, I am new to Unix, Now I am Working with shell scripting in my company Description:-By executing that script I need to get the exception from the log file I need the program for getting the Exceptions from the logfile,,and that program should be generic...I mean if i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PROGRAM BASH

Hola tengo que hacer un programa en Bash, necesito ayuda porque no me sale y llevo bastante tiempo con esto!! Los cinco directorios que más ocupan, ordenados según tamaño. Para medir el tamaño de cada directorio no debe incluirse el tamaño de sus subdirectorios. Los diez archivos normales que más... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danihj
1 Replies

8. Programming

urgent help with file manipulation program

Hey, i am trying to write a program that takes multiple files as command line arguments, then outputs them to a single file. i also need the option to read them back out again. essentially what i am trying to create is an archiver, however, a very simple one. The program i have accomplished so far... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wezzyb
1 Replies

9. Programming

An error in my c++ program... please help urgent.

The following is a program to convert an infix expression to postfix expression. //Convert an infix expression to postfix expression... #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; char ifx,pfx,stk; int top=-1,n; void push(char ch) { if(top!=n) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
6 Replies

10. Programming

Wrapper for unix program - urgent help needed

Hello all , i need some help asap i have a program that keeps killing the machine when i did google searches and 2 days later i ran strace it seems the programm keeps making a system call to gettimeofday to i guess increment a counter ? gettimeofday({1347986584, 464904}, NULL) = 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetworkLearning
6 Replies
BASHBUG(1)							      bashbug								BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--help] [--version] [bug-report-email-addresses] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a utility for reporting bugs in Bash to the maintainers. bashbug will start up your preferred editor with a preformatted bug report template for you to fill in. Save the file and quit the editor once you have completed the missing fields. bashbug will notify you of any problems with the report and ask for confirmation before sending it. By default the bug report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. The recipients can be changed by giving a comma separated list of bug-report-email-addresses. If you invoke bashbug by accident, just quit your editor. You will always be asked for confirmation before a bug report is sent. OPTIONS
--help Show a brief usage message and exit. --version Show the version of bashbug and exit. bug-report-email-addresses Comma separated list of recipients' email addresses. By default the report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. ENVIRONMENT
DEFEDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report. EDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report (overridden by DEFEDITOR). SEE ALSO
bash(1), reportbug(1), update-alternatives(8) for preferred editor. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christer Andersson <klamm@comhem.se> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU Bash 3.1 11 December 2007 BASHBUG(1)